Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

IP points? how do you earn?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxRapture89

05-27-2011

what is the set up for ip points some games i get alot some games i get barely any is there a secret to geting more for each match?

kaleb bartlett

05-27-2011

longer games gets you more ip if either side surrenders you get bugger all for ip.

Narvuntien

05-27-2011

Quote:
kaleb bartlett:
longer games gets you more ip if either side surrenders you get bugger all for ip.

Not quite true.. the amount of IP is based on game time.. but.. you will still get more IP for playing two short games than one long one.

20 min game win 60 IP... 40 min game win 80... so two twenty min games are worth more.

the best way to more IP is to win one game a day to get win of the day bonus.

I have heaps of IP

HedonismBot420

05-27-2011

There's no secret to earning more IP. Either you play a short game and get next to no IP or you play a super long game and you get enough IP to ALMOST buy a tier 2 rune. It's ****ing stupid and the system really needs to be revamped. But it'll prolly stay this way forever because Riot is filled with greedy ****s who want people buying RP as much as possible, so when everything is overpriced and the currency takes forever to earn more people will opt for spending real life money to get the champions/runes they want (runes through IP boosts of course, since you can't actually buy them with RP)

Goroke

05-27-2011

I think you might be talking about the First Win of the Day bonus. Like the name says, you gain extra IP for the first game of the day. It resets every 22 hours and I pretty much play a game a day so I can get a steady income of IPs. This also applies to Coop-vs-AI (CvA), but you will gain 20% less than a normal game.