Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tips vs tristana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hecterian

Recruiter

03-20-2010

Lately, ive found it very annoying/hard to fight Tristana, pretty much every time i see a Tristana on the enemy team, i go "Aw ****, gg."

I'm not saying she's OP, as im sure she's easy to counter (for other players), but for me, its really difficult to fight her, regardless of what champ i use, so i was wondering if anybody here could give me tips on countering her?

Thanks in advance.

ZweiPhantom

03-20-2010

Try to gank her early, and do it often, rangers arnt good against her unless she is stupid, and melee's need to be able to tank/blink to get to her as either way she will rocket jump away over terrain or ulti you into tower/her-team. If however you get flash and have a reliable stun/team, she's gone. If she has somehow farmed up super items you have to ambush and focus her whenever possible.
For tips to counter, i can only think of one massive hero. TEEMO!!! blinding dart makes her useless and the DoT is nice, plant shrooms where you think she will jump to escape/chase, and you got yourself a kill. Also anyone with burst damage is nice as 9/10 times Tristana will have the lowest hp in the game and will focus on dmg/att spd/crit, therefore no armor or magic resistance.
PS: one of my mates plays Tristana religiously, and a good Teemo always screws him up.
Hope this helps

roninsm

03-20-2010

Pick Malphite. Ult on top of her. Press E. Press W. Press Q. Press E again. Dead tristana.

xrats

03-21-2010

My main is Tristana.Tristanas weak point is too low hp,compared to many other heroes.Tristana focus on dmg items and ignores all others.Some tristanas use hp items like frozen mallet to increase their chance of not dying too often in the battlefield but this make them less deadly.

So,either a Tristana will focus on dmg and has low hp or not but has no good dmg.You lose some to win some.

Tristana will always go behind her team.In team fights try to surround her from behind,left or right.You wont be able to kill good tristanas always this way but at least you ll force them to escape,thus winning valuable seconds for your team.This can be crucial to win a battle.Enemy team can have support and tanks but if they dont have a strong carry to deal dmg they wont win in many occasions.You can also have youe team focus on her but dont try to chase her if she escapes cause her team will punish you.

Keep in mind always that you dont wanna face a Tristana behind her team.Same goes for Twitch also.They are similar in this.

Some disablers are good for her also,like teemos poison dart.Also,many heroes have blink and haste abilities which enable them to reach her in zero time.Use them to neutralize her.

I saw someone told about teemo before.I never had problems vs any teemos so far.Teemo cant kill Tristana.On the other hand Tristana can kill teemo cause she can chase well and Teemo dont have any escape abilities.If you cant kill a teemo,just remember that you dont have to.In team fights you are more deadly and useful from him.

Wuumaster

03-21-2010

Hard CC's (stuns, mostly) work rather nicely against Trist, since she can't Jump/Flash out of them and can't regen health via Life Stealing effects. As noted, one of her major weaknesses is low health - if she can't get away, and can't Life Steal any health back, she's pretty SOL and is likely to die before the stun wears off.

Alternativly, if you have no stuns, treat her like a Twitch that can't stealth - everyone turns and bursts her asap. Rocket Jump'd into your group and starts firing away? Rather than run, just squish her. Blinds (Exhaust, Teemo) and other disables (Rammus' Powerball, Malphite's Ult, Cho's Rupture) can help here. Likewise, a silence stops her from Jumping away too.

Unfortunatly this advice also describes a number of other Champions, but generally you'll only have to deal with one farmed-up carry at a time (or you might have fed them a little too much and your team should work on the 'not dying' portion of the strategy. I know I sometimes have to go over that part a few extra times on occasion, last night's display as Karthus was a prime example).

blackjackz

03-21-2010

there are no solid strategy fighting her, you have to tell us what hero you are using. If your hero has no stun and you dun know what you are doing just avoid 1v1 her. Keep yourself away from her range.

A good trist has many ways to kill you especially during early game.

Universalis

03-21-2010

Quote:
xrats:

I saw someone told about teemo before.I never had problems vs any teemos so far.Teemo cant kill Tristana.On the other hand Tristana can kill teemo cause she can chase well and Teemo dont have any escape abilities.If you cant kill a teemo,just remember that you dont have to.In team fights you are more deadly and useful from him.

My main is Tristana and I take solo mid most of times (I only give mid to Sivir, cos her ult is insane, Tristana(or any physical DPS)+Sivir's ult is Death) and the only two champs that cause me problems are TEEMO (Blind is the best counter to solo mid Tristana) and some good Zileans ( You can do little against those ****ed bombs). I have faced more rarely some problems with exceptionally good Sivirs, but those were exceptions to the rule...

Besides the surely correct comments about focusing and CCing her (I always get Flash and a Banshees veil and/or Merc treads when facing a heavy CC team, which is a huge survivability boost on every champ with Flash, even the squishiest of champs like Tristana) the MOST IMPORTANT TIP IS NOT TO LET HER GET THAT BF SWORD TOO EARLY!!! So gank her a lot EARLY!!! Cos Bf sword+Rapid fire is a huge dmg boost and moreover a huge farming improvement to an already exceptional farmer like Tristana... If I manage to get my Bf Sword (I always rush it as my first item) relatively not late, then the game is always smooth and most probably won... Tristana, even if mildly ganked, can always recover with that BF sword, assuming not a very big difference in lvls and items with the opponets. I must say that 2-3 succesful, but not that early ganks on Tristana are almost always not enough... I can count a lot of times where i was ganked alot (teammates not calling mias), went like 0/3 and then went 8/3 because i was able to get a Bf sword not late (or already had it) and thus i was able to farm good and catch up in items and lvls...

I hope I helped!

xrats

03-22-2010

So, u have problems vs teemo and not vs karthus?That seems odd to me.Teemo can just spam you with his dart not kill you.Once you get more levels you become stronger.

Itorbeh

03-22-2010

Hi, there are a lot of things to consider when asking how to combat another character.

Some characters have a general weakness to others, such as melee vs ranged but in particular knowing which character you play would be great to know.

Here are my general tips to combating a good Tristana.
First, I play Nidalee but most of these tips will cross over to many different chars.

As I always go mid (90% of the time I'll kill whoever I face in mid) I face Tristana a LOT and a good one is beyond a hassle for any character, in particular the strategy that gets me and my playstyle is where she would flash (or just jump) behind me and knock me into her own tower, knowing this is a common tactic for her my gameplay changes for Tristana until I figure out how they themselves play her.

Most tristana's are aggressive which is the best way to play that character and as an aggressive player myself we tend to meet up for a lot of the battles especially early to mid game where those first few kills count.

In general I have gotten used to the flash and jump range so I usually stay out of it the real trouble is when they jump THEN flash but there's almost no way to stay outside of that range, my tip for any mid char is to take advantage of the middle section where she can't knock you far enough into her own tower, really put some damage into her there, an above poster mentioned she has low health and this is true, if you are playing a character who can pile on some damage or when you hit level 6 (like nidalee) your ulti lets you pile on the damage having her ALREADY low on health is a big plus.

For the start use healing potions, if your early gear setup doesn't let you afford healing potions I hate to say this but change it, if you CANNOT counter her range with another ranged char your almost certainly doomed to have her lower your hp over time until she can really do massive damage, which means when she hits level 6 you're dead.

Understanding how the character is played and what they are trying to achieve is a GREAT way to counter them, simply put when she gets a good idea for how much damage she does to you she's going to leap onto you, do a burst shot and knock you away from your tower, it doesn't matter which way just so long as you cant easily escape, to this end I have a strategy lined up for it (because it kills me some times as well).

Because Nid has a decent heal and I've made sure to keep trist on fairly low health as well it just comes down to whether I can survive to get the damage into her, for summoner spells I use Heal and Ignite, Tristana and a few other hero's are my reason for it.

When she uses her leap and blast combo I'm usually still in human form so I slam a heal on myself then use the summoner heal which changing into cat form and leaping at her while casting ignite and my other skills, usually though she takes away almost half my hp with that combo, because I know this I make sure to keep enough reactionary hp to heal myself.. some times I'm off but I just feel like baiting them into trying it :P

You can do that with other characters (my friend who plays poppy gets them pretty good like that too).

The real hassle is for the other lanes, Tristana can move in and our quick and her burst damage is so high I don't blame people for dying against her, what you should really be doing is listening to MIA calls and making sure you alert your team as well, she's an opportunistic killer, which means just like my fellow Nid and Shaco players her real objective to get a quick kill is to find some one already around half hp, most characters her level actually fare well enough against her... unless she's fed :P

Hide, use wards for warning (what no one else does that? :P) and be alert to MIA calls if your in the lanes.. abuse every one who doesn't make the MIA calls as well ^_^

AGCrew Bloodwolf

03-22-2010

If you let her farm/feed it'll be a pain to get her on small skirmishes (1v1, 2v2) and on 5v5s (lategame). Why? Cause if built correctly she will do A LOT of damage really fast, from maximum range distance (710 @ lvl 18) and will start ripping you/yourteamates up. It's like not paying attention to a farmed Teemo/a Ryze w 20 Mejai stacks on a teamfight, and then trying to figure out why all your team died so quickly.

Tristana has a low health pool. Gank often, gank early. Focus her on teamfights. If she has her team in front of her, figure out a way to get her cause otherwise you'll be sorry .