Sick and tired of Zilean!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xarien

03-20-2010

This champ needs a change.. Hes supposed to b support! Not heavy burst damage on the same level as Ryze! Sure Ryze comes out more powerful at endgame (if all goes well).. but up until that point Zilean is just ridiculous! For someone who can speed himself up making a rush escape and revive himself, Zileans heavy burst damage bombs and range for placing them is unacceptable! What i see fit for this champ is having his ability to detonate a bomb just to instantly place a new one removed. Now that would make him SUPPORT, make him fit his class! Yeah, i said it! As far as damage goes hes on the same level as Ryze until endgame pretty much. Difference is that Ryze, unlike Zilean has no resurrection skill, no swift escape ability skill, no slowing down skill and is so squishy hes half dead if u just look at him hard enough. For those of u saying "Zilean is fine" u are just down and right dumb. Everybody loves high damage, being hard to get to and having great survivability, hence why u see a Zilean in just about every game. And a good Zilean will carry the team to victory by the time the timer has hit 20 mins! Cause by then he has ganked so many ppl and gained so many stacks on his soulstealer and gained so much gold to buy whatever he needs that now his bombs does 800+ damage per bomb, so now ppl r waiting on the timer to hit 25 so they can surrender. Plz nerf this champ and make him SUPPORT again!

Aircross

03-20-2010

Slowing down enemies, speeding up allies and resurrecting allies is not supporting his team?

As for his time bomb, get magic resist.

Stirb Ritter

03-20-2010

I've only had a problem with one Zilean. Other then that I have no issues with Zilean, you just need to learn a strategy to counter him. As was said above, magic resist completely screws Zilean over considering he only has one damaging spell.

deth2munkies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2010

Every Zelian I've seen in recent times has gone Soulstealer first. Call that support?

His Time Bomb needs to be scaled back, take it from 1:1 to .6-7:1 on the AP ratio and it'd be fine. As-is, I've seen time bombs go for upwards of 900 damage and with rewind and some CR in the mix, that's an ungodly amount of burst for how good of support spells he has.

Stirb Ritter

03-20-2010

Those matches where he does that much damage is because of a Zilean feeding. Hell as a fed Tristana I crit for 700-1200 (depending on tanks and squishies) for about 2.2 hits per second.

rashok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2010

I think he shouldn't be nerfed. I don't actually play him, but these QQ threads are hilarious.

Also, it gives a horribly underrated support hero a chance to really shine. Soraka is AMAZING in conjunction with this guy!

King Mob

03-20-2010

I think it's funny that you imply that Zilean can gank at all, when he has one damaging ability that he can use twice in succession, if Rewind isn't on cooldown. Time Bomb can be cleansed off, and takes place over a greater time than almost every other ability in LoL, making his DPS relatively laughable, and entirely counterable for a number of champions, or anyone that grabs Cleanse or Quicksilver Sash (or any real Magic Resist, when was the last time you saw a Zilean with a Void Staff over an Archangel's Staff, unless you let the game go to 60 minutes?).

He puts the hurt on people early game, but unless he has a Mejai's and you're feeding him a steady stream of morons, his bombs are going to tickle compared to the burst that other casters can put on. It's the 1.1 AP scaling that makes him worthwhile as someone that can actually protect and harass while supporting, and even then he's tissue paper if you have any kind of stun or slow. What a lot of people fail to realize is that after the initial Bomb ---> Rewind ---> Bomb, he's completely out for a while, you're free to punch his face in. Bring a stun or slow to the table, and you've pretty much got him even if he Chronoshifts, and if he uses it on himself, he's not saving his teammates.

To boil it down: Anyone complaining about Zilean is ridiculous.

Madra

03-20-2010

It's not so much Zilean himself that's the issue in many cases, it's the champion that Zilean is laning with. Give him somebody that can stun, root or fear, and it's pretty much feeding time. All in all, I don't see much justification for the move being a full 1.1 AP ratio, but reducing the value down to 1.0 wouldn't ultimately make much of a difference, especially early game where Zilean probably isn't packing a lot of AP to begin with.

Kriptini

03-20-2010

HOW TO COUNTER ZILEAN

Step 1: Don't be ******ed and let Time Bomb go off when you're next to your allies.

Step 2: Organize ganks so that when Time Bomb is on you and you're running, your lane partner attacks him.

Step 3: ???

Step 4: PROFIT!

Arai Kitsune

03-20-2010

I do have to agree that Zilean's Time Bomb should not scale nearly so well as it does. It' very similar to Heimer's double rocket's, albiet slightly easier to avoid. This is coming from a Zilean player, I'm kind of frustrated that his support abilities are usually overlooked in favour of making him a heavy nuker. It breeds many a selfish Zilean, in my experience.