Help me find "my" AD carry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tholok

05-27-2011

Hello LOL community,

Let me introduce myself. I have been playing LOL for about 2 years on and off now. I think I played some 650 games (350 wins / 300 losses). I have no idea what my Elo is since I do not know how to find out but I know I’m not the best nor the worst kind of player.

I’m a bit older than the average LOL player and am afraid that I’m a bit slower as well. Hence my preference for champions with few skill shots… I do however compensate with a pretty OK sense of tactics and social behaviour. That last element can sometimes make or break a team imho...

In ranked you are required to play all kind of champion roles. And thusfar I can offer a pretty good Tank/jungler, magic damage dealer or a variety of support champs. I am however desperately lacking a good physical dmg dealer. So I am turning to this communities to advice me on a AD carry / High physical dmg dealer that will suit my tastes. To give you an idea of the Champions I like / am succesfull with I will list my most played champs:

*Amumu (as a jungler, ganker and tanker)
* Ryze (slow starting magic dmg carry)
*Zilean (AP support)
*Soraka (AP support)
*Taric (as aura B.itch)
*Nassus (as tanky dps)
*Garen (tanky dps) (only moderate succes with him)
*Warwick (jungler, ganker) Contrary to the others I like WW but have had no succes with him. He seems to squishy for me

I would greatly apreciate some tips on which champion I might like to try/buy and why..

Bas,

Etherimp

05-27-2011

Ashe.

She's viable. She can kite. Her skills are straight-forward. She has a relatively long Auto Attack range which makes positioning easier. She provides a stun for your team and endless slows. There are proven builds for her which work at the highest levels of play. As far as I know she's never banned. She mids well. She lanes well. She has synergy with countless other champions. She has versitility in her summoner spell selection.

Cons? She has a skill shot which you have said you do not like, and she is squishy which seems like you try to avoid. (Even Zilean and Soraka can compensate by ulting or healing, respectively.)

JayAce

05-27-2011

Caitlyn

Long range, and because of this, very easy to harass the enemy player, if you know what you are doing. Her traps, and mobility will make zoning really easy. Her E allows her to jump some walls, but not all. Usually you use it for the escape, and not the actual slow (unless the slow aids in your escape).

She is a great carry to start off with because of this incredible range. And on top of that, if you know how to position yourself in team fights, it will be extremely hard to kill you.

She is going to be free next week ( I am known as the Rotation Prophet) so you can try her out then.

Ashe

Brings alot to the team. She has AoE slow (on a low cooldown), free limited CV in the form of Hawkshot, unlimited range stun if you know how to aim it. She also has a built in slow, so you can give the red buff to someone else. As Etherimp said, she is a great team player.

Irelia

One of the best tanky deeps. Her passive is borderline OP. She did get slightly nerfed in the recent patch. Her survivability and damage output are quite high.

You mentioned that you often take jungle heroes.

Nocturne is a solid choice. If you gank well, and know how to play properly, then you will change the outcome of the game.

Other viable AD carries are
Xin, Jarvan 4, Corki, Ezreal (all skillshot though), Miss Fortune, Tristana, Renekton.

Tholok

05-27-2011

Thanks soo much for these constructive pieces of advice. I know ashe sounds like the rigth pick but I tried here and didn’t fancy her a lot. I’m very interested in Caitlyn and Nocturne (you were right… I do indeed like jungling though I somehow fail a bit with WW[

I am however not a really bad player (still have more wins than losses) and that is mostly due to knowing when to do what I believe and not due to being quick with my fingers if you know what I mean…

Having a bit of survivability is a good thing for me because me slowness rapes any chance of being good with the super-squishies. It seems that Caitlyn might have the range to stay safe. And I will defintitely read up on her and Nocturne…

TsurugiHikari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2011

Miss Fortune can be consider almost no skill shot required champ since it's all about positioning, intellectual plays and effective use of her skills that will get you through the game. Double up is based on positioning and requires you to hit an enemy unit to activate the damage and skill. Make it rain is a Area of Effect ability that cause a small circle area to be slowed for 2 seconds approximately. Impure shot increases your attack speed with a healing debuff that is applied on hit attacks. Her Ultimate fires a cone of damage that is on front of her. None of her skills are skill shots.

Tristina is a ranged AD champion who also does not use a skill shot. Rapid fire increases your attack speed for a short duration. Rocket Jump causes slow on landing but is used for repositioning at most times. Explosive shots does Damage over Time Damage to champions while applying a healing debuff for a short duration. Buster shot knocks back an enemy away from you. There's no skill shots to learn from this champion as well.

Edit: If you're going with Caitlyn. An advice I can give you that is, more than half of the time you'll be positioning yourself while you engage in team fights and using your poke (it's a skillshot) to do damage while on the move. Make use of your abilities and you'll do well with her. I can't give advice on Nocturne though. Haven't used him in ranked and probably won't be getting him anytime soon until I get a few more real tanks in my list.

Etherimp

05-27-2011

Nocturn is Squishy.. As is Miss Fortune, but I think she may be a good choice. She's one of the few AD carrys who is actually better in lane than in middle, and in lane you're more protected by having a partner with you. Nocturn IS a great assassin though. He has a nice poke, great Ult, and some huge damage output.