changing Jax's dodge stun.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frag

08-30-2009

I don't have a huge problem with Jax, but I know I'm in the minority in that; a thought did however occur to me on how to tone him down a bit while making him a little funner to play. Why not replace his dodge stun ability with an active passive ability? It could provide him his dodge bonus as its passive, and stun as its active, and on use the passive would be lost until the cooldown was over. So for example, Jax uses his stun and it is not on cooldown for 30 seconds and he nolonger has the passive benefit for this duraction. This would make you have to play smarter because 1, you cant just spam the move; 2, you need to be careful about when you use it because it will lower your defenses.

Mizerable

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2009

That would definitely help, I am all for that suggestion. The thing I have noticed that makes jax so OP is his ability to dodge + getting more items to dodge. This makes him nearly impossible to hit and is REALLY frustrating. This could also help decrease his stun spam which I like. +1

Drakes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2009

Thats actually a pretty good idea, Yi's wuju style works similarly and is alot less potent overall too.

Frag

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakes View Post
Thats actually a pretty good idea, Yi's wuju style works similarly and is alot less potent overall too.
Yeah, that's exactly what i was thinking.

Mizerable

08-30-2009

I agree, his dodge is what makes him so powerful to begin with. When you stack jax at 50% dodge and life steal with massive damage it's pretty much useless to even try.

Laudani

08-31-2009

I don't get you people, Jax can be dealt with easily if you focus fire him down with spells.

You can't dodge spells!

The only thing I would nerf on Jax is his Q ability. Make it so it doesn't hit champions in the splash range and watch as Jax becomes bad.

Laudani

08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizerable View Post
I agree, his dodge is what makes him so powerful to begin with. When you stack jax at 50% dodge and life steal with massive damage it's pretty much useless to even try.
6.7 runes
4.5 quintessence
2.0 mastery
11.0 tabi boots
20.0 passive maxed

= 44.2% max at lvl 9 (if you take E from the beginning)

Close to 50% but not 50%. Even with the life steal, it won't negate all the damage you would take from multiple champions. Not to mention if they can stun you with spells.

Stunned Jax = Dead Jax

Plus, you can only get the max dodge if you delicate all your beginning money / ability points, on it. You sacrifice pushing power, I.E. Jax's Q abilty, and you sacrifice longevity by buying the armor needed for tabi boots instead of the health regen pendent.

Anang

08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudani View Post
6.7 runes
4.5 quintessence
2.0 mastery
11.0 tabi boots
20.0 passive maxed

= 44.2% max at lvl 9 (if you take E from the beginning)

Close to 50% but not 50%. Even with the life steal, it won't negate all the damage you would take from multiple champions. Not to mention if they can stun you with spells.

Stunned Jax = Dead Jax

Plus, you can only get the max dodge if you delicate all your beginning money / ability points, on it. You sacrifice pushing power, I.E. Jax's Q abilty, and you sacrifice longevity by buying the armor needed for tabi boots instead of the health regen pendent.
Phantom Dancer?

Mizerable

08-31-2009

The only problem with people saying spells can own him is what if your team only has 1 nuke/stun. Sure if you were playing with a group of 5 people this won't happen, but what if your team consists of like yi, tryndamere, cho'gath, annie, and ashe. Nothin there is going to help well. The problem is only certain heroes can counter him. He is not OP if your team has the right heroes. But if your team doesn't, it seems like there's no way unless their jax sucks.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

08-31-2009

Actually, I believe dodge stacks diminishingly. So, he actually gets 37.8% dodge chance from the numbers you just posted.

That being said you can get much higher dodge from runes.