Vayne Master Question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wake42

05-26-2011

Mastery* not master but cant edit the title* lol

So in my building of vayne i do not have Archaic Knowledge, bc she does no magical damage..at all.

but in a lot of guides i see they take it...any reason why?

i mean i go 28-6-9 and do 0 magical damage.

i just play for fun so im not big on mechanics or anything so im thinking im missing something.

Thanks!

Etherimp

05-26-2011

It could be to increase the damage output of Madreds Bloodrazor. Otherwise, there's no reason to take it.

Wake42

05-26-2011

i do build that but is that worth the point for that item alone?

Etherimp

05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake42 View Post
i do build that but is that worth the point for that item alone?
That's a hard call. You'd have to run the numbers on it to figure out exactly how much that would increase your damage output in comparison to other Masteries in that tree. 15% of 30 Magic Resist is 4.5, which means Madreds itself would be doing 4.5% more damage to a minimally protected target. 4.5% of 4% of a squishies health... To put that in perspective, most squishies have less than 2000hp near end-game unless they're building tanky. 4% of 2000 is 80. 80 is the max damage Madreds could do. The difference between 25 and 30 MR is not significant late game.

However, if someone has 150 MR (Which tanks often do), then you are effectively reducing 22.5 of their magic resist, and tanks generally have larger health pools, so Madreds hits harder on them.

But as Vayne, how often are you really focusing tanks?

Either way, I suppose one could argue that if you intend on having a Madreds every match then it's a significant increase in your damage output in comparison to, say; Lethality, which only increases your critical strike damage by 10% at max level... and this is the most likely place you would take the point from to go into Archiac Knowledge... That is, unless, of course, you're building a Crit build and intend on getting an Infinity Edge and having your Crit chance near 100%.. In which case Lethality would probably be better.

The only other places you could really take it from are Brute Force, Sunder, and Alacrity, all of which I believe serve you better than Lethality or Archaic Knowledge in the long run.