General Runes and Masteries Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonglove

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2011

I've generally been playing ARAM's for the past 5 months, but I wanted to get back into normal and ranked games. I know some details with masteries were patched a few months ago, and I don't remember if runes were. I just wanted to make sure I've got the best setups so I can jump back into normal play.

I have 4 rune pages, each setup like so:

Red: Armor Pen or Magic Pen
Yellow: Health / lvl or Mana Regen / lvl
Blue: Flat CDR
Quints: Flat Health

This seems to work for most champions in all cases, but please let me know if you have any suggestions (ex: "Renekton works much better with Armor Yellows")

Masteries are where I need more help I think. My standard (since I play a lot of casters) has been 9/0/21, picking up CDR and magic pen in Offense, and reduced dead time, bonus exp, gold, movement speed, CDR, summoner CDR, and whatever summoner spells I'm using + monster buff duration if my champion greatly benefits from them (otherwise, I prefer to skip them and let my teammates pick them up).

What I'm really unsure of are the other possible setups. How good is Sunder compared to Alacrity? Is Brute Force worth it? Should I take Defensive Mastery or Harden Skin? What champions should I use a 21/9/0 or 21/0/9 build for?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Etherimp

05-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonglove View Post
I've generally been playing ARAM's for the past 5 months, but I wanted to get back into normal and ranked games. I know some details with masteries were patched a few months ago, and I don't remember if runes were. I just wanted to make sure I've got the best setups so I can jump back into normal play.

I have 4 rune pages, each setup like so:

Red: Armor Pen or Magic Pen
Yellow: Health / lvl or Mana Regen / lvl
Blue: Flat CDR
Quints: Flat Health

This seems to work for most champions in all cases, but please let me know if you have any suggestions (ex: "Renekton works much better with Armor Yellows")

Masteries are where I need more help I think. My standard (since I play a lot of casters) has been 9/0/21, picking up CDR and magic pen in Offense, and reduced dead time, bonus exp, gold, movement speed, CDR, summoner CDR, and whatever summoner spells I'm using + monster buff duration if my champion greatly benefits from them (otherwise, I prefer to skip them and let my teammates pick them up).

What I'm really unsure of are the other possible setups. How good is Sunder compared to Alacrity? Is Brute Force worth it? Should I take Defensive Mastery or Harden Skin? What champions should I use a 21/9/0 or 21/0/9 build for?

Thanks in advance for your help!
For AD carrys I'd go with Armor Pen, AD/ASpd, and Movespeed or Armor Pen Quints (or a mix). Maybe MResist or Health seals.

Also, 21/9/0 or 21/0/9 is good for AD carrys.

Dragonglove

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
For AD carrys I'd go with Armor Pen, AD/ASpd, and Movespeed or Armor Pen Quints (or a mix). Maybe MResist or Health seals.

Also, 21/9/0 or 21/0/9 is good for AD carrys.
Thanks for the help. I think I'll try this out on Caitlin, Miss Fortune, and Ezreal tonight.

MoarYogurt

05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonglove View Post
Thanks for the help. I think I'll try this out on Caitlin, Miss Fortune, and Ezreal tonight.
Also, depending on how you play them, Mp5/Level seals are still very good.

All there of those characters can be played in a very spammy manner, so the mana regen can be a big deal if that is your preferred method.