Help with some basics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2010

I'm new i suck. that being said i need some help.

i usually use Ashe, and in a lot of games the other players say im not using good items. but theres a lot to choose from and i dont wanna sit there reading each one. and i never know if i should save for bigger ones or use smaller ones as fast as possible. so what should i buy? when should i buy it (using Ashe)

also what ability's should i be focusing to upgrade. i usually start with volley (idk why really) and i just kinda randomly upgrade them =/

also id like just any other suggestions at all..

Chingmeister

03-20-2010

An all purpose dps build is Doran's Sword + health pot, Dorans Sword, Dorans Sword, Berserker Boots, Aegis, Starks.

Get the mana regen talents in utility first and health regen talents in defense second.

Rune with whatever the character your playing could use more of.

It is a friendly build for newer players that works with any character.

RHINO Mk II

03-20-2010

A fairly straightforward build you can try is:

Vampiric scepter or Regrowth pendant (take vampiric if you're confident in your harrassment skills, it will build into something later)
Basic boots
BF Sword and upgraded boots (I would wait for BF sword, but if you keep getting hunted down take the boots first)
Turn your BF sword into Infinity Edge
Another BF sword
Turn it into Black Cleaver or combine it with vampiric for bloodthirster if you aren't dying alot.
Get Banshees veil for more survivability, or a Bloodthirster or Phantom Dancer for damage.

Games will likely not last much beyond that. This is not the best build, but it's fairly straightforward and essentially lets you autoattack to victory. Remember to turn on Frost Arrows to catch fleeing enemies.

Spectros

03-20-2010

Imo, the build for a ranged champion like Ashe depends on your team. If your team has crowd control bursting out the seams, then go damage with bloodthirsters, because damage applies to your volley, but attack speed does not, and neither does crit. If your team has little crowd control, or if your opponenets have too many stuns and such, stack more health like with a banshees, so the enemies don't target you.

Btw, lvling up volley is good.

Garber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingmeister View Post
An all purpose dps build is Doran's Sword + health pot, Dorans Sword, Dorans Sword, Berserker Boots, Aegis, Starks.

Get the mana regen talents in utility first and health regen talents in defense second.
this looks like it answers my question but sadly idk what it means

what do you mean talents? i think im gonna need more detail

and im new so i dont know anything about what my team has and im sorry to say that in a game im not a good team player because i dont know what im doing yet. im tryin to elarn how to handle myself before i worry about tailoring myself to my team mates

Seltenspieler

03-22-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=68225
Here you can find lots of useful stuff:
- a guide to ash herself (scroll to "a")
- guides on basics (scroll down to Aregionius' last post)

The guides in the "basic" section might be helpful for allround-gaming tips for LoL and the "Gameplay mechanics" section gives you guides about masteries, which are the talents mentioned before as well as guides to runes.

I know there is plenty to read, but it definitely pumps up your play.