Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nasus's Siphoning Strike (please scale it)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zephoid

03-20-2010

Really, this skill could possibly be called the worst in the game. Lets compare it to Sion's enrage. Enrage has a 0 sec cooldown, costs 0 manna (life lost is offset by any lifesteal), scales from 1 hp/kill to 3 hp/kill, and can be left on at all times. Now siphoning, on average when you hit lv 18, does around +200/+250 damage on one hit every 8s. Gangplank does at least 700 damage when he hits lv 18 with crits (300 without) at range every 6 secs.

Not only is siphoning massively underpowered, the character it is on is also pretty low on the teirs. dps nasus is quite a weak damage dealer unless he is in his spiritfire circle and cannot match up to most other dps characters 1v1 even with his ult. AP/tank nasus is a bit better, but many other characters tank much better and your ult is really your only ability that will do damage with AP.

In conclusion, PLEASE make siphoning strike scale based on skill rank. Something like +2/3/4/5 damage bonus/kill. At an average of 70-80 creep kills with this skill would then add +300+110 to one hit every 8.s Sion has his enrage scale and i really dont think that a Nasus doing an additional 500 damage on 1 hit every 8s is OP in any way.

RHINO Mk II

03-20-2010

No. Nasus is powerful enough. If you don't think so, don't use him.

Hint: Nasus without Sheen = Fail

SS is not meant to be his omgwtfbbqpwn ability. It just adds some nice damage in teamfights, and makes lasthitting easier. For omgwtfbbqpwn, see Fury of the Sands.

Talamare

03-20-2010

Nasus is balanced, just leave him be

Toxic Nerve

03-20-2010

kid you are a complete idiot. if you cant get siphoning strike to +180 AD or more, than youre a noob. all you do is wait for last hit and do it, it's not hard. you just use the circle thing (forgot name) itll weaken them and you finish with siphoning strike. if you cant do that and you don't have a sheen, stop complaining because it shows you don't know how to use one of the most underestimated champs in the game.

RHINO Mk II

03-20-2010

Oh, and just for the record. 1 AD is worth about 15 HP according to store prices.

JDthewrecker

03-20-2010

I agree i think he is balanced, completely balanced, as i see it , I do not think he is ment to have the strongest attacks or be the best tank, but be average just about everything, so much so it is hard to overwhelm someone. but, good lofesteal though

Fourth22

Recruiter

03-20-2010

what nasus really needs is a new skin
The only thing I could see would be making the damage increase scale by what lvl siphoning is but that is similar to how it was before.

Kriptini

03-20-2010

I would like him to have a way to get out of CC beyond Cleanse and the Quicksilver Sash. In most cases, Treads don't do justice. =(

RHINO Mk II

03-20-2010

When I roll Nasus, cleanse is a forgone conclusion

Arai Kitsune

03-20-2010

They originally had it scale, but that was changed. What I would rather see, is them hve it scale in a different way. As it is now, leveling it does not seem especially useful, as it adds a bit of damage to your next attack, and nothing else, unless I'm mistaken. For a skill such as this, scaling cooldown and mana cost makes more sense, I think, perhaps with light scalingon his damage, or perhaps simply making the damage equal to his auto-attack damage(not base damage). This would make a non tank Nasus somewhat more viable, as well as helping to work with the lifesteal items that a DPS Nasus would likely purchase.

Otherwise, as a whole, Nasus is quite a fine champion, one of the nicer ones to have around.