Irelia versus Alistar lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Agamentium

05-26-2011

Alright, so I just did this for the second time (I was Irelia both times). The first time was before the nerf. It does help, as he damages me less, but I realized after this game that it was never his damage, more of his cc.

If he attacks me he knocks me up and then knocks me back. If I attack him, I stun him...and then while he is stunned he knocks me up. I think he starts it right before I stun him. I am not complaining about Alistar, I just need help facing him in lane.

Agamentium

05-26-2011

Bump

Asuran

05-26-2011

Hm. I would if possible try to switch lanes with somebody. That really isn't a very good match up. Unfortunately all of your skills involve getting near him which always puts you in place for a knockup/headbutt combo. I can't really think of a way you'd be able to effectively harass him, if possible a ranged character should take your place.

If you HAD to try something, I imagine Q+E leveling would yield the best result, Jump in, stun/burst, Jump out combo. Do this 3 - 4 times right after he uses his knock up on minions to avoid him hitting you with it. Headbutt does big damage but if you'd be landing 2 skills while he lands 1. One thing is you have a lot more sustainability than him. Alistar's moves use a lot of mana and if he spams them, he will be defenseless soon enough. Those are my thoughts at least.

Bumhunt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2011

You can't kill him if hes halfway intelligent but thats not your job as an irelia in lane.

Once you get a philo stone and lvl 6 he literally doesn't half the dmg to put you -80% hp so play smart and farm all the way to your triforce

Agamentium

05-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBUMHUNTYOU View Post
You can't kill him if hes halfway intelligent but thats not your job as an irelia in lane.

Once you get a philo stone and lvl 6 he literally doesn't half the dmg to put you -80% hp so play smart and farm all the way to your triforce
I wasn't trying to kill him, I even tried using q on a minion and then backing off. He then just knocked me back, he didn't get off his full combo, but it is certainly not ideal. I am probably going to ask for a lane switch if this happens again, unless anyone else has some advice.