DPS Mundo, would anyone want to see a guide?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerBeRuZ

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodba7h View Post
The proof is in the pudding my friend.

The only time I need my summoner spells to gank is when my ULT is off cooldown or I miss a cleaver or two. That doesn't happen often due to 9% CDR and an already low cooldown. Ghost is up more than it's not as well.

If you don't rush Stark's/Attack Speed you're doing DPS Mundo a disservice. Phage is not a suitable item to rush on DPS Mundo, IMO. I've tried it and it's not as effective. What runes/masteries are you running to be able to rush Phage successfully?

RE: Farming: Uhm, what? Our farming speed will be exactly the same is what I'm saying. Since you forgot to take any HP regen, you'll actually farm slower than I will. I can cleaver/maso to my heart's content without worrying about getting into "gank me" levels of HP.
This is where skill comes into play. I don't actually need an HP regen item because I rely on Mundo's passive. Skill allows me to hit my target every time I cleave. Efficiency is key.

I rely a lot on my 32 ArP at lvl 1. My auto-attack is basically a nuke in itself.

In a previous thread that I discussed this with, a conclusion can easily be made why rushing Mallet is better. What's the point of your super fast attack speed if you can't reach your target? With my 33 ArP, anyone I hit at lvl 1-4 will practically have 0 armor.

Silverdevilboy

03-22-2010

I've run with visage and with early phage...phage is way better. You usuallly use sadism to escape or to chase anyway, so an extra 30% health isn't that big a difference, and phage lets you get kills you wouldn't have done otherwise and keep sadism to escape with.

Plus, looking forward to my probable hybrid build, frozen mallet works better with atmas.

EDIT: When I say early phage, I mean after starks and boots. It comes along with the zeal, and then you upgrade into PD first, then grab a last whisper, then upgrade the mallet, then if the game is somehow still going, a brutaliser or IE.

CerBeRuZ

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverdevilboy View Post
I've run with visage and with early phage...phage is way better. You usuallly use sadism to escape or to chase anyway, so an extra 30% health isn't that big a difference, and phage lets you get kills you wouldn't have done otherwise and keep sadism to escape with.

Plus, looking forward to my probable hybrid build, frozen mallet works better with atmas.

EDIT: When I say early phage, I mean after starks and boots. It comes along with the zeal, and then you upgrade into PD first, then grab a last whisper, then upgrade the mallet, then if the game is somehow still going, a brutaliser or IE.
Yep. Some people prefer to get Stark's first. I'd prefer Phage first though. That way, I get to gank successfully even when my ult is down.