DPS Mundo, would anyone want to see a guide?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rowebott

03-22-2010

There are several effective ways to play Dr. Mundo. But first, why should you listen to anything I have to say? 319 games played with this hero 185 wins 134 losses. I have tried many many different builds but have settled on a hybrid hp/hp regen/atk speed/run speed build.
1>regrowth pendant
2>spirit visage
3>mercury treads
4>giants belt > warmogs
5>zeal>phantom dancer
6>zeal>phantom dancer
final item > Atmas impaler

summoner spells teleport and ghost

I find that being able to controll engagement range with cleaver and run speed coupled with lots of health regen make this mundo a very frustrating opponent.

Almighty1

03-22-2010

A guide would be nice, but I find building Mundo as a midgame tank and lategame DPS suits my playstyle better. Something like Ruby > Warmogs > Merc Treads > Atma's > Stark's Fervour > Phantom Dancer > Inf. Edge.
I was wondering why you get Atma's so late in the game? If you get it straight after your first major HP item, it gives you about 80 damage, as well as some much needed armour and crit chance. I've only played him for a few games but this is what I have found so far.

In practice, Mundo becomes (arguably) the best 1v1 character in the game.

But... anyway... we need some more good Mundo guides :P

mobek

03-22-2010

I also like to play dps mundo but i like to stack more hp. Recently I find that leviathan is good option to improve survivability. I usually build rejuvenation bead and 6 hp potions (i can stay really long in the lane) ->boots->ruby crystal->leviathan/spirit visage->leviathan/spirit visage->zeal->boots of swiftness/treads/ninja/->phantom dancer->malady
I like to play very aggressive, usually i play with rammus and no one can stop us.

Cyrenic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodba7h View Post
Mundo is NOT a tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Binome View Post
Says who?
https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...735#post846735

CerBeRuZ

03-22-2010

lol Cyrenic. We just had a game last night. I think I remember your gear list.

Doran's Shield
Ninja Tabi
Frozen Mallet
Stark's Fervor
Phantom Dancer

We basically crushed your team before you got any further though:P

And for the guys above who insists on getting a 2nd Phantom Dancer, just to inform you, getting Stark's or Last Whisper provides you much much more damage output than a 2nd Phantom Dancer.

Bloodba7h

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodba7h
Mundo is NOT a tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Binome
Says who?
Quote:
Also says me. Check out my profile for how well visage/treads/starks does. Literally that's all you need to hack faces off.

I like to level cleaver > masochism but the other way around works just as well (maybe better).

If you have a healer (nidalee/taric/soraka/ezreal) on your team, that visage is going to be working double time and you will have NO problem carrying your team to epic victory.

Once again, the build that I've found works best is this (you almost don't even have to change builds depending on the game):

Regen Bead + 4 HP pots
Treads + ward or 2 depending on how much they wanna gank
Spirit Visage + ward
Recurve Bow
Stark's Fervor
Giant's Belt
Zeal
Phage
Mallet

Buy wards. Your team will love you and your solo queue experience will be improved tenfold.

then you can get another Giant's Belt for more HP or finish Phantom Dancer for more DPS. After this, if you still haven't won, get whatever you need.. Guardian Angel, Force of Nature.. whatever, really.

My Mundo runepage looks like this:

HP Quintessences (+97)
Dodge Seals (6.8%)
Armor Pen. Marks (18 armor penetration)
Cooldown Reduction Glyphs (about 6%)

and with masteries I like to take this setup:

13/16/1

cooldown reduction (totaling about 9%)
crit chance
armor penetration (totaling 24 = dead squishies at level 2)
15% magic penetration

MR + Armor: 6
dodge/nimbleness (totaling about 9%)
60HP

Improved Ghost

Summoner Spells: Ghost/Flash - use both offensively and defensively.. ghost+ult means you'll never have problems chasing, and flash lets you do crazy things.

CerBeRuZ

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerBeRuZ View Post
No idea why one would even need a guide with Mundo. Learn to hit your target with cleave and there's your winner.

Item list:
1) Phage
2) Boots of Swiftness / Mercury (always mercury if there's a fiddle)
3) Zeal
4) Phage to Mallet
5) Zeal to Phantom
6) Last Whisper
7) Stark
-by then it should be GG

Get liz at level 6, gank. win.

Skills :
Q,E,Q,W,Q,R

After this, R > Q > E > W

Summoner spells : Ignite + Exhaust

You basically should get FB at lvl 2. Cleave, Maso, Ignite + Exhaust = FB

Once you get Mallet, you won't need liz to kill anymore.

P.S. Learn to buy Elixirs of Fortitude. Just think, Frozen Mallet which costs a few thousand gold gives you 20 damage and HP. 1 EoF gives you 20 damage too! + HP(Good buff to your ult)
This is probably a better gearlist. Getting Spirit Visage only delays you from doing real damage. Mundo's number 1 weakness in ganking is his unreliable snare. If you missed 2 cleavers, your target basically would have gotten away already. By buying Spirit Visage, you are hoping to be able to use Cleaver perhaps 1 more than someone who doesn't have it? Why don't you get a Frozen Mallet asap and have a reliable snare instead?

I'm not saying that Spirit Visage is bad. I'm saying that it simply delays your farming. While you're getting that inefficient item, your opponents might outgear you already in another aspect preventing you from successfully ganking them,

Bloodba7h

03-22-2010

Because I have ghost/flash as my summoner spells and they don't get away and also let me get away from hairy situations. Basically, at that early game stage you don't even need the attack speed/stark's to do any damage.

Your cleaver shouldn't be missing that often anyways.

And how does it delay farming? I don't get that comment.. masochism + cleaver is farming heaven

CerBeRuZ

03-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodba7h View Post
Because I have ghost/flash as my summoner spells and they don't get away and also let me get away from hairy situations. Basically, at that early game stage you don't even need the attack speed/stark's to do any damage.

Your cleaver shouldn't be missing that often anyways.

And how does it delay farming? I don't get that comment.. masochism + cleaver is farming heaven
2 Reasons why I'll do better than you.

First : I don't need summoner spells to successfully gank anyone any time. They almost never get away because ever hit I make snares them.

Second : With the 'farming heaven' of massochism and cleaver, I already got myself Mallet while you only got yourself that Spirit Visage.

Bloodba7h

03-22-2010

The proof is in the pudding my friend.

The only time I need my summoner spells to gank is when my ULT is off cooldown or I miss a cleaver or two. That doesn't happen often due to 9% CDR and an already low cooldown. Ghost is up more than it's not as well.

If you don't rush Stark's/Attack Speed you're doing DPS Mundo a disservice. Phage is not a suitable item to rush on DPS Mundo, IMO. I've tried it and it's not as effective. What runes/masteries are you running to be able to rush Phage successfully?

RE: Farming: Uhm, what? Our farming speed will be exactly the same is what I'm saying. Since you forgot to take any HP regen, you'll actually farm slower than I will. I can cleaver/maso to my heart's content without worrying about getting into "gank me" levels of HP.