Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

DPS Mundo, would anyone want to see a guide?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sleiph

03-21-2010

Not to burst any bubbles but one was made before. I've run it about 8-9 games, it seems pretty solid if you're pro ripping it as a tank mundo already.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=68913

CerBeRuZ

03-21-2010

Quote:
Sleiph:
Not to burst any bubbles but one was made before. I've run it about 8-9 games, it seems pretty solid if you're pro ripping it as a tank mundo already.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=68913

Ignite > Cleanse as DPS Mundo. Without Ignite, you barely can gank tanks.

We have the same skill list so, yeah. Cheers(:

I don't know why you have to wait for lvl 6 to gank. I practically get FB(if not me, my lane partner) every game at lvl 2.

Armor Pen > Crit Chance. You can rely on ArP as it works on every hit and with your crits. You crit even without crit runes but you deal way way way way way way way more damage with ArP.

Overall, good guide

CerBeRuZ

03-21-2010

Quote:
CerBeRuZ:
No idea why one would even need a guide with Mundo. Learn to hit your target with cleave and there's your winner.

Item list:
1) Phage (start with the 475g HP stone. with that, your passive is enough to heal you)
2) Boots of Swiftness / Mercury (always mercury if there's a fiddle)
3) Zeal
4) Phage to Mallet
5) Zeal to Phantom
6) Last Whisper
7) Stark
-by then it should be GG

Get liz at level 6, gank. win.

Skills :
Q,E,Q,W,Q,R

After this, R > Q > E > W

Summoner spells : Ignite + Exhaust

You basically should get FB at lvl 2. Cleave, Maso, Ignite + Exhaust = FB

Once you get Mallet, you won't need liz to kill anymore.

P.S. Learn to buy Elixirs of Fortitude. Just think, Frozen Mallet which costs a few thousand gold gives you 20 damage and HP. 1 EoF gives you 20 damage too! + HP(Good buff to your ult)

Runes:
Red : Armor Pen
Yellow : HP/Dodge
Blue : MR

Crimson Binome

03-21-2010

Mundo is great as a tank build IMO

Warmog
Murcury Treads
Spirit Visage
Wardens mail

Then you think what you need if you need a force of nature or another wardens mail or warmogs armour, maybe a sunfire cape for more DMG when you're tanking with agony on.
He usually has 250+ regen/5 with a force of nature. He does massive dmg and you can keep burning agony on for 80 DMG/second with your treds and agony on also you have 80% reduction on all stuns and slows duration.

Bloodba7h

Recruiter

03-21-2010

Mundo is NOT a tank.

Crimson Binome

03-21-2010

Says who?

Silverdevilboy

03-21-2010

says his char design. His passive and his ult are the only tank-abilities. No CC, no damage evasion, nothing. His other 3 are damage and cc avoidance. His best role is a squishy-smasher.

Quote:
CerBeRuZ:
No idea why one would even need a guide with Mundo. Learn to hit your target with cleave and there's your winner.

Item list:
1) Phage
2) Boots of Swiftness / Mercury (always mercury if there's a fiddle)
3) Zeal
4) Phage to Mallet
5) Zeal to Phantom
6) Last Whisper
7) Stark
-by then it should be GG

Get liz at level 6, gank. win.

Skills :
Q,E,Q,W,Q,R

After this, R > Q > E > W

Summoner spells : Ignite + Exhaust

You basically should get FB at lvl 2. Cleave, Maso, Ignite + Exhaust = FB

Once you get Mallet, you won't need liz to kill anymore.

P.S. Learn to buy Elixirs of Fortitude. Just think, Frozen Mallet which costs a few thousand gold gives you 20 damage and HP. 1 EoF gives you 20 damage too! + HP(Good buff to your ult)

Ugh, that's almost identical to my build. I probably get starks earlier though. Agreed on the FB at 2, at 6 you should wander off to another lane and gank whoever's there (double if you're soloing.) You should have 2-3 kills by then, though.

Crimson Binome

03-21-2010

Burning agony isn't meant to tank? i mean if they're wasting stuns on you it's pretty much being a tank.

CerBeRuZ

03-21-2010

Quote:
Silverdevilboy:
Ugh, that's almost identical to my build. I probably get starks earlier though. Agreed on the FB at 2, at 6 you should wander off to another lane and gank whoever's there (double if you're soloing.) You should have 2-3 kills by then, though.

Exactly. That's why I felt perplexed when the guy above said things like waiting for lvl 6. :P

Oh, if my opponent's team's tank is useless, I'd get Stark before Last Whisper. Basically, -25 armor harms them more than -40% armor if they're not tanks. Also, with my 32 ArP from runes and mastery, it's just stupid.

CerBeRuZ

03-21-2010

Quote:
Crimson Binome:
Burning agony isn't meant to tank? i mean if they're wasting stuns on you it's pretty much being a tank.

Mundo is not solely a tank. Even among potential tanks, Mundo is among the weaker edge. Just look at Executioner's Calling. A direct counter to Mundo. Even Ignite does the exact same effect.

2 tank properties of Mundo :
Sadism and his Passive. What makes these 2 workable? HP! Therefore, Mundo tanks must stack HP to perform tanking jobs. However, as said above, EC and Ignite easily shuts Mundo tanks.

Why is Mundo a DPS? Simply look at Sadism and Masochism(of course Cleaver and Burning Agony too). Sadism gives Mundo movement speed that can easily compete with Ghost. Sadism's MS buff also shuts down Flash as you simply chase him down after anyone does it. As for Masochism, technically it's simply giving Mundo 2 free BF Swords. That's just stupid. Even Sion's Enrage doesn't compare to this.

And lastly, Burning Agony doesn't make Mundo a TANK. Are you trying to say that this is not a key ability for DPS? Just think of Yi's ult. Why is it so good? It's because he can't be stopped. Similarly, Burning Agony provides a similar, but weaker, effect. BA also provides free additional damage for you to kill your target fast.

In conclusion, Mundo can be played both as DPS and Tank but has a better edge if played as a DPS.

P.S. One must remember that regardless which type you play, regardless which champion you play, you need skill to make it work. Don't start boycotting the spec just because you don't know or can't make it work.