DPS Mundo, would anyone want to see a guide?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverdevilboy

03-20-2010

I've been playing a Mundo build that is tearing apart a lot of my games..

Attack speed + Masochism does more damage than almost any champion until they've pretty much finished their builds, and combined with cleaver and Mundo's naturally awesome early game, this guy can start ganking at L2, and at L6 can go off and get a double kill in a different lane whenever sadism is up.

I've carried Twitches, I've destroyed the other teams twitch in lane, making him fall behind on xp and gold, stopping him dominating the game til it was too late to have a significant effect, I've run as the solo before, smashed the other carry, killed their entire team a few times and won the game in 20 mins, with the second best on my team still only at 7 kills...it's way better and more effective than any tank mundo.

I'm just posting this to see if anyone would want to see a guide for how to run Mundo as a DPS squishy-smasher.

Chingmeister

03-20-2010

Definitely!

I typically use a hp pot AoE based build. Sometimes I'll start with a Doran's Shield.

Sometimes I do an all purpose 3x dorans swords, boots, Aegis, Starks when I'm not really thinking and the team needs them.

I would love to see something around smashing face though!

Silverdevilboy

03-20-2010

....Spirit Visage? Sadism heals 80% of your max health if you have that, and your passive and lifesteal benefit too. Plus, y'know, magic resist..

Jayce from Space

03-20-2010

Mundo needs no guide for mundo'ing. Mundo kills when he pleases.

SheriffLobo

03-20-2010

surprisingly, I've been having quite a bit of success with triforce. I usually go 1/2 heart of golds to start, phage, merc treads, triforce, starks/frozen mallet; depending on whether I need more health or more utility in team fights. I've heard good things about attack speed mundo, but how much health do you usually have? I usually play to offtank/dps.

Silverdevilboy

03-20-2010

Your base HP at 18 is I think 2300ish. You survive due to ridiculously fast regen off sadism, and the combo of speed boosts and merc treads/burning agony giving you easy easy escapes. And because most players still see mundo as a tank, they ignore him til later on in teamfights, letting you do a lot of damage til they realise.

I might make a hybrid version with HP at some point...Atmas looks tasty..

Gearskull

03-20-2010

Personally, I would love to see a DPS mundo guide. because mundo is one of my favorite heros, but I usally build him as a tank and anthough ive tried DPS builds i find more sucess with tanky builds.

My reasoning being that while yes, DPS mundo rocks, mundo is a hero that can tank, and have insane DPS capability as well. I usally build like this.

Rejuv bead, Hp pot's
Spirit Visage
Merc Treds
Either warmog's, or Force of nature.
Chainmail
Warmogs or force, whatever i didnt get first
Chainmail -> Atmas
Last item is pretty situational but i'm a fan of either phantom dancer or something with CD redux

I argue for tank mundo because I have good damage output while being able to out survive and harass people in lane. I can eaisally 2v1 and you can kill carry's pretty easy by kiting them and squising them. In teamfight's you can pop yo ult and burning agony, and break the line running straight for the squishy casters. It really makes them target you, and you can out regen their dps most of the time. Even if they have healing reduc, your mad hp armor and MR make you pratically a wall.

MUNDO TANKS WHEN HE PLEASES.

but yea, make a dps guide... I'd read it.

EDIT: oh yea, I also run w/ CD redux for more sadism, crit chance for masochism crits, and attak speed for more rapeage

Silverdevilboy

03-21-2010

CD reduction is awesome, I get that from my runes and masteries, and a brutaliser. Not a huge amound, but enough that masochism is never off, cleaver is even more spammable, and sadism is even more likely to be around for every teamfight.

Atk speed goes with crit chance by nature, usually. My final lategame item is swapping one of the earlier items (the brutaliser, often) for an infinity edge. Past there, can't buy anything more..

I agree that a hybrid mundo sounds very good, and will plan one out at some point, but the problem is that against a lot of teams, whichever squishy you target will just lead you off behind their team while they can now target your dps and casters, often winning the team fight.

Plus, building a tank mundo is only great at early levels (mundo is just OP early), and very late on, when you have enough armor and MR and health, AND the atmas. Your mid-game suffers. This build is very very strong early and mid game, and only suffers if the game gets to all 18s and most items built. And by then you should have carried your late-game carry to their final build before their team could get there, or gimped the other team's carry so that they couldn't be as effective late game.

EDIT: Yeah, I'll make a guide, there seems to be enough support.

CerBeRuZ

03-21-2010

No idea why one would even need a guide with Mundo. Learn to hit your target with cleave and there's your winner.

Item list:
1) Phage
2) Boots of Swiftness / Mercury (always mercury if there's a fiddle)
3) Zeal
4) Phage to Mallet
5) Zeal to Phantom
6) Last Whisper
7) Stark
-by then it should be GG

Get liz at level 6, gank. win.

Skills :
Q,E,Q,W,Q,R

After this, R > Q > E > W

Summoner spells : Ignite + Exhaust

You basically should get FB at lvl 2. Cleave, Maso, Ignite + Exhaust = FB

Once you get Mallet, you won't need liz to kill anymore.

P.S. Learn to buy Elixirs of Fortitude. Just think, Frozen Mallet which costs a few thousand gold gives you 20 damage and HP. 1 EoF gives you 20 damage too! + HP(Good buff to your ult)

Bloodba7h

03-21-2010

Spirit Visage
Treads/Tabi
Stark's Fervor
Phage
Zeal
Mallet
Phantom Dancer