trundle in lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naladarb

05-26-2011

i play trundle in the jungle and i was wondering if he was viable to be in lane? ty

Emmortahl

05-26-2011

About as viable as warwick or udyr.

You'll oom ridiculously easily and ranged dps will poke you away from minion farm easily.

But if you're willing to forgo the perks of jungling, there's nothing stopping you from trying it.

Medusa

05-26-2011

Can be done, he is quite sustainable in lane, as with jungle.

LouieTheHedgehog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmortahl View Post
About as viable as warwick or udyr.

You'll oom ridiculously easily and ranged dps will poke you away from minion farm easily.

But if you're willing to forgo the perks of jungling, there's nothing stopping you from trying it.
Warwick and Udyr can actually sustain themselves in lane, and Warwick is a great laner to deny weaker laners.

Trundle non-jungle is fine.

TheCowGoes

05-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by emesde View Post
Warwick and Udyr can actually sustain themselves in lane, and Warwick is a great laner to deny weaker laners.

Trundle jungle is just bad.
... I don't know if I'm supposed to take this seriously or not. Laning WW doesn't seem terrible, but everything else is just... :/

First of all, I can tolerate laning Udyrs as long as they're on the other team. It's a great of way getting some early XP if you score an udyr opposing you in lane. I will go right out and say that I have never, ever, ever seen a laning Udyr do anything but feed or cower behind their squishies all game whenever I've seen them, barring some 3v3 matches where he carried. That's it. 5v5 laning Udyr is asking for pain, and lots of it all over.

And as for the trundle jungling thing -- Stonewall goes nuts for the little guy, and he's Tier 1 material in his jungle tiers with Nunu, Nocturne, Udyr, and Warwick. Just what the heck were you *doing* in the jungle anyway? He's got one of the most sustainable, fastest jungle clears in the game with some pretty hefty ganks. Jungle Trundle is one of the most effective junglers in the game currently.

Edit: This coming from someone who's tried to lane Udyr and jungled both Trundle and Udyr to great effect. Not just making noise about it.

Yogalates

05-26-2011

i've played him in the lane and in my own opinion just barely holds his own. on his own 1v2 you can hold the tower pretty well as long as they arent two ranged against you but you sure as hell wont come close to killing either of them. If you've got a fairly strong dps with you you can get some very easy kills with your pillar but overall kind of lackluster you really have to have a good teamate with you or hope for horrible players on the other team.

That being said i do like laning with him just for the fact that he is almost impossible to gank once you get some boots and you can be fairly aggressive but it all comes down to playstyle and ability he's probly better overall in the jungle but can be viable in lane just wont shine like other characters

Tanglewalker

05-26-2011

I've played lane Trundle many times, never had any issue. His passive keeps you in the lane quite easily, especially once you hit the 4%+ range on it, and his Q is amazing for last hitting.

EDIT: If laning as trundle, sheen should be your first item after boots, you will need the mana, plus the proc makes last hits even easier.

Draghinaazzo

05-26-2011

trundle is a preety slow jungle and I realy dont like wriggles on him. Pillar of filth is a beast in duo lane.

TheCowGoes

05-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draghinaazzo View Post
trundle is a preety slow jungle and I realy dont like wriggles on him. Pillar of filth is a beast in duo lane.
I'm curious what you're using for runes 'cuz Trundle's jungle speed is actually very, very good, and is very easily sustained. He gets done with his jungle at 3:55 for a blue start. (By comparison, Udyr's very fast start is 3:45, more shaky, and just plain different -- olaf's crazy jungle time is 3:25 or so.) Anything under 4 mins is beast. If you're interested at all, try this: Stonewall's magic Trundle beastly guide The magic of Trundle and other Tier 1 junglers is their versatility, though, so that's just one option. Speed certainly isn't everything.

And yeah, laning Trundle seems like it would go well. Even if you can't last hit, if you stand close enough the minions should heal you for decent amounts on death. And since the nerf wriggles is really only godlike anymore on a lot of junglers or power farmers, honestly. To each his own, I suppose.

Logios

05-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by emesde View Post

Trundle jungle is just bad.
2/10 troll (no pun intended)

WW is ok in the lane, udyr is just terrible and trundle's jungling is great.