Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Smells like Burning (annie Question)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KatzExtreme

05-26-2011

I am curious as to what everyone thinks about using the Burning Embers mastery (+10 AP with ignite on cooldown) on Annie due to the recent buff to her AP ratios. I was thinking that it might help in getting that early kill with a little more burst potential stacked on top of the AP/MgPen runes I have but I haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

Warrrrax

05-26-2011

The problem is that the 9th point competes with the mighty 15% Magic penetration talent.

Since 9-0-21 is the typical config, one would have to sacrifice Utility mastery for 10AP earlygame. Good in theory, but bad in practice.

Pig Magus

05-26-2011

The Ignite mastery's bonus really doesn't add much. It may be just enough needed for a kill, but you're better of with the 15% magic pen.

Tha Dynamite

05-26-2011

10 AP is 7.5 extra damage. Its pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things. With Annie, I've never really had a time where my target ran away with less than 100 HP.

Jistua

05-26-2011

Go ahead and just get the Magic pen. You shouldn't rely on that AP to much and magic pen takes you alot farther than a few AP.

IGN: Jistua if you have questions

HanzGruber

05-26-2011

I've never understood people's preference for the ignite mastery. Going 10/0/20 means you get to ignite considerably less often than 9/0/21 and skipping the mpen mastery means you'll deal considerably less damage than you get from +10 AP.

Jistua

05-26-2011

Amen/ I mean you could drop the Magic pen and just get ignite with a 9/0/21 and proc that ignite more often.

KatzExtreme

05-27-2011

I appreciate all of the responses. Obviously the magic pen is definitely the better late game choice, but since I tend to run enough magic pen runes to essentially take most champs to 0MR in the early game I thought that the extra AP might be viable early game. I also tend to actually not take the summoner spell mastery (horrible right?, I don't have to use my summoner spells that often to begin with though with annie so they are generally up when i need them). The set up I tested runs 10/0/20 getting both the magic pen and the ignite proc and while i've noticed a some difference in certain situations, I'm not sure if it's consistant enough to keep

Warrrrax

05-27-2011

The Ignite mastery IS a good one though... it is just unfortunate that its placement is so poor. I have used it when I play Sion and Nidalee. With Sion, I want as much shield as possible so I blow ignite immediately and my shield is 10 points harder to penetrate. With the nerfings this is kind of important. Nidalee's heal gains 12 points or about 25% more efficiency/effect with it which is worthwhile.

However with Annie it doesnt quite work out. She is a burst caster right? So you typically save ignite for during/after your burst. You have to make quite sure that you Ignite first, then use the burst to get the AP out of it. But in many cases, the ignite wasnt even necessary, so most use it as a finisher if the baddie escaped.

Therefore, while Ignite is just fine, the Ignite mastery is counterproductive to how you'd typically use it. you only get the ap when Ignite is DOWN.

Prnce

05-27-2011

The Ignite mastery would have been a better choice pre buff, since Annie, with her poor AP ratios but amazing early game, was more or less reliant on shutting down the early game and racking up kills. But with the buffs, you don't *need* that amazing early game, so now more than ever the Mpen mastery outshines the ignite one.