GangPlank, the slow powerhitter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AKBiohazrd420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2010

Hey guys, just made a build for gangplank that might be interesting. Not 100% sure how it will go in a real simulation, but goes very well in a test one... Critisisms welcome :P

This build was costly, s it starts of with money items...

Philosophers stone 1115
Avarice blade * 2 1500 (10 extra gold per 10 secs)
Phantom Dancer 3395
Infinity edge 4080 (250% extra crit damage instead of 200%)
Maldreds BloodRazer 3780 (30+ 4% of enemies max hp. usually 30+40 at end. more if against tank..)
Executioners calling 1350
Blood Thirster 3200
sell Philosophers Stone (approx 500 back)
Black Cleaver 3005
--------------------------------------------------
Total Cost 20925
--------------------------------------------------

I know, VERY costly compared to some however... you get...

extra base damage-285+ (if facing a tank, could be more)
crit chance %78
30% lifesteal

Now, if i remember correcter. gnag gets around 120 base damage at lvl 18 without weapons as an estimate so really total damage would be..

then we get our crits to come through
1012 this is assuming the enemy has a maximum hp of at least 2000 with no armor
then we would get life steal of 30% which is
300 hp per hit.

then we gotta estimate parrlay damage which is..

110% of base damage + 150 at max level... which is
595.5 * crit damage(250%)
1488.75 total damage in one hit. Im not sure if you actually recover hp from a special move but if you did you would get

446.625hp back from the hit..

crit chance would also probably be a little more as well considering that gangplank also has his own crit chance aswell although im not sure how much.. If i got the base damages incrorect for gangplanks initial damage please correct me. Ill work on this build more tomorrow though to see how effective it is in a real scenario...

Oh, i also realize how costly this build is which is why the phil stone and avarice blade is first up. and hopefully you will get lucky and be able to feed off the opposition a bit to get there :P

*edit*
Ive also noticed a lot of people advising to only harass the opponent with parrrlay as well, just a reminder that parrlay can also bring you a small trick of gold each time you kill a unit with it, so its also a good thing to finish off minions with it just for that little extra income...

Fbsunny

03-20-2010

His level 18 damage is more like 105.

What runes would you use with this setup? If you have crit chance runes then I would skip the avarice blades early game, and skip the executioners calling late game. If you have armor pen runes then I guess the avarices early game is ok, although i would still recommend not getting the executioners late game.

I would also recommend getting the IE before the phantom dancer, as it increases your parrley damage by so much it is important to get as soon as possible. Or if you really want you could go zeal then IE then finish PD.

Also the extra damage from madreds bloodrazer is magic damage applied after the fact, which means it is not increases by 1.1 from parrrley nor can it crit. This makes it only useful if you really need to counter a bunch of tanks on the enemy team, and not worth it in most games.

Some other items to think about using are brutalizer and/or last whisper if the enemy is stacking armor. IF you need defense I would suggest BV for casters, and as long as you have exhaust and only use it to shutdown carries you shouldnt have to worry about physical damage all that much.

Lastly, once you have IE and zeal you are a very good farmer, and early game he is a great farmer with Parrrley so a philo stone is generally the only gold/5 item that you should need.

ctidesm

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbsunny View Post
His level 18 damage is more like 105.

What runes would you use with this setup? If you have crit chance runes then I would skip the avarice blades early game, and skip the executioners calling late game. If you have armor pen runes then I guess the avarices early game is ok, although i would still recommend not getting the executioners late game.

I would also recommend getting the IE before the phantom dancer, as it increases your parrley damage by so much it is important to get as soon as possible. Or if you really want you could go zeal then IE then finish PD.

Also the extra damage from madreds bloodrazer is magic damage applied after the fact, which means it is not increases by 1.1 from parrrley nor can it crit. This makes it only useful if you really need to counter a bunch of tanks on the enemy team, and not worth it in most games.

Some other items to think about using are brutalizer and/or last whisper if the enemy is stacking armor. IF you need defense I would suggest BV for casters, and as long as you have exhaust and only use it to shutdown carries you shouldnt have to worry about physical damage all that much.

Lastly, once you have IE and zeal you are a very good farmer, and early game he is a great farmer with Parrrley so a philo stone is generally the only gold/5 item that you should need.
Lol, so serious on reply in an obvious troll thread. No one with philo->avy->avy->PD is 4real.