Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Any Advice?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sky what greg

05-26-2011

I've been playing LOL for a while, and I have never been good, but just recently, I've noticed myself getting worse, and worse. I have a group of friends that I play regularly with. They never complain, but I feel like I bring them down, or that they could be doing better without me. I'm trying to better myself, and I play really easy champions like annie, ashe, trist, and twitch (and yes I bought them with IP so I have been playing for a while).

I have two accounts a higher level one, (level 28?) it's name is "sky what greg" and a smaller account (level 11?) called "TheCatPepe". Anyways, I was just hoping that you guys might have some advice for me to do better, like if you have any live streams I could watch, or builds I should follow. Thanks for your time

Herne

05-26-2011

1) Get your 28 to 30

2) Play with your friends AND play solo - both as often as is enjoyable.

3) Instead of stressing over 'dragging them down' - I feel the same way when I'm feeding D: - ask if they have any advice

4) Pretend you're always at half health, and their team is only gunning for you. Playing super-conservatively when you aren't in the middle of a team fight is good practice for more skilled games, when bad habits of overextension will always get you killed.

5) Play at least one free champ a week. Getting a feel for new characters keeps the game fresh, and might introduce you to someone new and enjoyable.

6) Don't worry about champions being easy. Playstyle and mechanics lead to a whole range of things.

7) Keep reading guides and asking questions

8) Take a break for a while! I stopped playing for about... four months? When I came back, I was alot more aware of the old mistakes I used to make, and stopped making them.

Good luck

sky what greg

05-26-2011

Hey, thanks Herne! I really appreciate your advice! I needed to hear the thing about overextending, that's one of the worst things I do.

Leninon

05-26-2011

Zoning http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kxGQ3gWdrM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kxGQ3gWdrM)

Arkzus

05-26-2011

Another bit of advice, don't be afraid to spend a bit of cash on wards, no matter what champ you're playing as. For so long I used to not buy wards because it always felt like if I did, it'd set me back in buying my actual items. But really, you won't even notice it unless you go way overboard. Besides, 1 single ward could possibly save your life, your teammates lives, or even save you a tower. All worth spending a tiny sum of gold.

The same thing goes with potions. Don't underestimate just how much a potion could help you, even in late game. In a team fight it could mean the difference between living and dying. And after a fight that leaves you barely alive, it can help you bring your HP back up to a safe zone.

sky what greg

05-26-2011

Thanks SO MUCH guys! I never thought that people would care, and I thought that I may get trolled, but I really appreciate your help

Micre

05-26-2011

Well, you did the mature thing. Instead of complaining and whining you decided to see if you could better yourself. Props to you. Good luck and have fun!

sky what greg

05-26-2011

Thanks

Pig Magus

05-26-2011

Take a break for a bit. After a loooong ass hiatus I came back better.

Also don't think about winning too much. I find I play much better relaxed.

Also experiment with as many champs as you can. Some champs are natural to people, others aren't.

You need to find a few champs you're good at (2 tanks, 2 melee, 2 ranged, 2 ability power) so you'll have a big enough pool to play a champ you're good at whenever you need to.

Pick around your team. Don't see AD? Get Irelia or Ashe. No mids? Grab Fiddles and hop on down. Team has a lot of champs that can solo lane? Grab a jungler.

sky what greg

05-26-2011

Thanks SO MUCH GUYS! Your advice really is helpful! You guys are all super cool, and I appreciate your time