Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Runes for AD/DPS Shaco?

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swanky

Senior Member

03-20-2010

I've been using AD/DPS Shaco lately and i was wondering whats the best rune page for him? Do i need runes? i have 6.4k ip saved up if its gunna help me go better


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lithizy

Member

03-20-2010

Crit dmg runes !


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charmicarmicarmicat

Senior Member

03-20-2010

no, use armor pen..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fbsunny

Senior Member

03-20-2010

use armor pen for marks/quints
dodge/hp per level/ mana regen for seals
CDR / mana regen for glyphs


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vxzyo

Member

03-20-2010

Crit dmg runes all : ).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charmicarmicarmicat

Senior Member

03-20-2010

No. Crit dmg runes give less dmg when armor pen, even when you crit. They are bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnderA

Senior Member

03-20-2010

Quote:
Charmicarmicarmicat:
No. Crit dmg runes give less dmg when armor pen, even when you crit. They are bad.


Exactly! See: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=70173

Marks: Definitely Armor Pen
Seals: up in the air, I'd go HP/lvl
Glyphs: I like Flat CD, or you could go AP/lvl (Shaco's skills scale well with AP, even if you're not going pure-AP.)
Quints: Armor Pen or Flat HP


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cele

Recruiter

03-20-2010

Quote:
EnderA:
Exactly! See: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=70173

Marks: Definitely Armor Pen
Seals: up in the air, I'd go HP/lvl
Glyphs: I like Flat CD, or you could go AP/lvl (Shaco's skills scale well with AP, even if you're not going pure-AP.)
Quints: Armor Pen or Flat HP


Quote:
EnderA:


Second, only two champions benefit significantly from Crit Damage. Shaco can benefit because he starts at level 1 with a skill that makes him reliably Crit.


Sorry to quote you, but this stood out for me with crit dmg runes w/ shaco. Did you mean shaco only gets more benefit from crit dmg @ lvl 1? I assume that a guaranteed crit as your nuke with shaco would benefit more from the crit dmg modifier specially since there is only 1 other weapon in the game that gives crit dmg% vs. the many different options you get for arp pen/%armor reduction/and armor reduction

Edit* I understood your math and logic but the statements you made about shaco seemed like it was viable over arp w/ shaco. personally I use arp runes because they are more universal w/ other phyiscal dps toons but the crit % runes are fun to play with, specially with ashe n shaco early game


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnderA

Senior Member

03-20-2010

Quote:
Cele:
Sorry to quote you, but this stood out for me with crit dmg runes w/ shaco. Did you mean shaco only gets more benefit from crit dmg @ lvl 1? I assume that a guaranteed crit as your nuke with shaco would benefit more from the crit dmg modifier specially since there is only 1 other weapon in the game that gives crit dmg% vs. the many different options you get for arp pen/%armor reduction/and armor reduction

Edit* I understood your math and logic but the statements you made about shaco seemed like it was viable over arp w/ shaco. personally I use arp runes because they are more universal w/ other phyiscal dps toons but the crit % runes are fun to play with, specially with ashe n shaco early game


It's incorrect to assume that because something is rarer it is better.

I would say that yes, it is viable. It's still terrible, though. Once they get just a bit more armor, or you get a couple more levels, armor penetration becomes much better on the crits. And all those non-crit attacks are doing more damage with armor penetration, too.

If all you cared about was lvl 1 decieve, I'd go flat attack damage quints, around 5 or 6 armor penetration marks, a couple crit damage marks, and some crit damage seals & glyphs. This way you're penetrating all their armor, you're getting an efficient attack damage boost, and you're spending the extra slots on critical damage. So at most, you're getting 3 or 4 crit damage marks and full seals and glyphs. Of course, this is still rather lackluster.

So just go with armor penetration.


1