Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Which Jungler to pick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheAsianPlayboy

05-26-2011

I vastly underestimated nunu as a jungler. I of course knew he's extremely strong at jungling/counter jungling/controlling the map and can gank early, but I always thought he dropped off once it hit mid and late game. This isn't exactly accurate. While he ain't really a beast late game, he's still extremely useful late game with his permaslow, speed buff and ult. Also a very good soak.

smellsliketeens

05-26-2011

Trundle and rammus are probabaly your team's best picks. Trundle is just one of those all around characters, but more times than not you will need a tank and a jungler due to starting out with idiots in ranked(the kind that go instalock ashe and call mid).

LostRaider

05-27-2011

Quote:
Ebonclaw:
The more you experiment with jungling, the more you will feel like your team is gimped without a jungle, which will lead to anxiety when no one else picks a jungle, which will then lead to you becoming like me, and compulsively jungling all the time because no one else wants to.

Made me laugh, but so true.

TheAsianPlayboy

05-27-2011

I play junglers almost 100% of the time, but for normals I'm starting to believe that autolocking in junglers is really a big gamble because many times someone on my team is unable to 2v1 if the other team doesn't have a jungler or we'll end up with horrible team composition where singed, yi or trynd will end up having to take the 2v1 lane.

The only exception I can really see is Nocturne because he so so strong at ganking that you're able to help out your team lanes fairly quickly with a strong success rate. Maybe a couple other junglers like nunu because he can gank super early.

Obviously if you duo queue with a friend, then jungling is very beneficial.

Superstarsage

05-27-2011

Jungling for me has never been a MUST DO situation. More of a "I can so i'll take advantage of a few enemy recalls and go jungling for a bit". But if i had to say a jungler

Jarvan, for a support type is pretty good. He's still got a somewhat slow start, but if you build red potions into your jungle set, you can do it pretty well. Demacian flagstaff Plus dragon strike=problem solved for most jungle encounters. with a few armor pen runes (for true damage against neutral and minions), and using your flagstaff you can gank relatively well early game. Not PRO TIER but for a support? wow. Pretty darn tooting good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz21FXGmxsc

Dane Dread

05-27-2011

I tried jungling Shaco. I need a lot more practice with him before playing him in a live game. He starts great but it just seems so slow once you've used up the boxes you laid down before mobs spawn. I need to do some more research into his jungling routes and work on keeping my HP up without spending 45 seconds laying down boxes before engaging a buff mob.

Thanks for the advice everyone. It sounds like I should practice Shaco more and look to pick up Nocturne and Trundle at some point. In the mean time I think I'll focus on Rammus and Amumu (when they're not banned) and Nunu for cases where we already have a tank.