ROA/RYLAI => HP sucks on ANNIE?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KnightOfTheDeath

05-26-2011

I found a build critisizing the fact that HP items were picked on Annie (Rylai/Rod of Ages)
Personally I find Rod of Ages being a bit useless,since cataclyst the protector doesn't give instant HP/MP anymore.However do you think he's right? Here's the link
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/16544

Lorifel

05-26-2011

Annie's Molten shield gives her armour and magic resist, but no extra HP. That's why you want some HP to compliment this.
Also I think that as a mage with rather short-ranged nukes and no escape moves you would be wise to pack some survivability.

konfetarius

05-26-2011

Yeah, Molten Shield pretty much makes her the most viable mage for HP stacking for defense.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2011

Rod of Ages is extremely good for Annie. I fail to see why Catalyst over 8 seconds makes it any worse. I have no clue why they "nerfed" it because the chances of levling during a close fight and it making a difference is very edge case.

But in any case, Catalyst is extremely good for toughening her up, and providing health regen and a lot of mana regen during late laning.

The Rod itself adds over 600 health and 700 mana. Annie burns thru mana like crazy and high MP5 regen doesnt really fix the problem...she needs a bigger pool.
So the rod is very helpful here.
It also adds 21 more AP if Annie takes an Archangels which she probably ought to.

I would avoid Rylais though. She typically bursts and gets a stun out of it, so the slow is not really needed. The health and AP are fine, but it just isn't as efficient as the Rod of Ages and other items.

Bumbah

05-26-2011

Usually get ROA then BV, maybe rushing two catalyst off the bat. She need survivabilty to survive her down phase after sher blew her nukes. If i do go rylais, i start with the belt when building it. People love to focus annie

Herne

05-26-2011

I've been thinking, at least against AP-heavy teams (and champs like Mordekaiser, Ap Katarina, Malz, etc...) I might start aiming for Rod of Ages, Sorcs' (or Ionians? because next item might be), Abyssal.

If you're already running m-pen runes, it strikes me as being much better utility than a Void Staff. Thoughts?

Of course, a Frozen Heart after means you're way over CDR cap. Hmm. Guess you'd just have to build a Deathcap instead, and pretend armor doesn't exist. ^_^

Dane Dread

05-26-2011

HP is stacking is never "bad" on a champion with a defensive steroid. Especially in this case where you're adding AP, mana and a cool slow that also benefit Annie. Please no warmogs Annie however.

IMSOJUICY

05-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Dread View Post
Please no warmogs Annie however.
Triple mogs annie, it is!

Jistua

05-26-2011

See I go the other way. I don't get any HP items because she IS one of the most tankiest mages. So I just go ahead and get my damage instead of getting the HP.

KatzExtreme

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2011

HP stacking is not bad on Annie as it can allow you to get off that all important second or third stun that can give you more kills. However, I am one of the few Annie players that perfer's AAstaff to RoA on Annie. The reason being is that you build up her mana pool a lot faster(lower cost for tear than catalyst which also opens up the oppritunity for an early blue elixer), and you gain much more AP. This causes Annie to be much more of a glass cannon, but it also allows her to nuke squishies that much better. Honestly, most games I don't even finish my AAstaff (hence why i don't build RoA b/c i'd be even less likely to finish it early due to higher cost) until late game because I'm able to get an early Needlessly Large Rod and build straight into Hourglass. Hourglass is essential on Annie as if you are performing adequately you WILL be focused. Hourglass gives you all the survivability you need until late game when picking up an abyssal scepter or thornmail can round out your build nicely. If I'm not doing well, I find it much more effective to pick up the giant's belt to build into a Rylai after finishing AA or even building a haunting guise rather than build RoA