Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nunu -Builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XTreeX

05-26-2011

ok so ive bought nunu and im wondering of which build to use on him.
ive heard that tank items is good with only a rabbadons to make ur damage not as useless. ive also heard of getting ROA with tank items then another ap item then one more ROA or if the need to tank is more urgent then replace the secondary one with a tank item.
which of these builds would be more effective in your opinion?
or is there another way or build u could suggest to me. (guides are also welcome including they are good and effective )

Warrrrax

05-26-2011

It kind of depends on how tanky your team is.

If you are the only "tank", then you will likely want to go with tanky items as you need to live long enuf to drop your Ult, hoze their carry with iceblast spam and boost your carry with Blood boil. Plus fry them with AoE sunfire goodness.

If you already have a tank or two, then you might consider a more AP-centric approach. (note, I am 5% off max CDR due to nerfing of items and havent yet found an adjustment)

In any case, Rod of Ages gives you great early health/mana regen from catalyst and gives you a large mana pool boost which is really needed along with a large 600+ health boost. The 80AP doesnt hurt either. This makes it a very efficient item, even if you combo it with tanky items.
HOWEVER, I tend to take Glacial Shroud instead for its armor, mana, CDR combo and ability to upgrade to massive armor and AD hoze aura.
You dont need both to fix your mana issues. So I only go with Rod when I expect to take Evil Tome for CDR instead. Or an AP build.

Tank build example:

+ boots 3 pots (works fine for jungling)
+ Saph Crystal (400) - the extra mana pool is really helpful here.
+ Antimagic (400)
+ Giant's Belt (1150)
-> Sunfire Cape (1600) - Awesome for helping farm.
+ Negatron (740)
-> Aegis of Legion (1600)
-> Glacial Shroud (1200) - Massive CDR for max spam.
+ Banshees Veil (1900)
-> Frozen Heart
+ Guardian|Abyssal|FoN|Randuins|whatever
This gives you very high armor and magic resist with 20% CDR (plus 15% rune/mastery)

AP Build example:
+ boots +3pots
+ Catalyst - great early game regen and toughness.
-> Rod of Ages
+ Negatron Cloak
-> Sorc Shoes
+ Fiendish Codex - takes over mana regen duties when catalyst/Rod starts waning.
-> Evil Tome - high 20% CDR, AP, regen.
+ NLR
-> Deathcap
-> Abyssal Scepter
+ Void Staff

Dane Dread

05-26-2011

I'm not pro at Nunu but this is the build I like

boots + pots
Philo stone
Catalyst
Merc treads
BV (Gotta have it with a channeled ult)
Glacial shroud
Upgrade Philo to Reverie

If you need more survivability keep stacking AR and MR items. If you don't feel free to grab some AP. Abysall scepter and Zhoyna's hourglass give you some interesting defense + AP options although they're pricey.

I want to stick a wriggles in early for the help farming and taking objectives plus free wards but it feels like it slows me down too much.

Hwa Ryun

05-26-2011

Start with boots, hp pot, and ward. Do what you want with the ward, counter jungle with it or throw it by dragon. I usually place it by red. Then go catalyst, cdr boots or merc treads. Finish veil (this is imperative, your ult is useless without it. A nunu without a veil is a fish without gills, it just doesn't work), then build against the enemy team. If they have heavy dps get frozen heart. If mage heavy get abyssal+spirit visage. Top it all off with a deathcap. Always keep a slot open for wards.

Early Veil >>>> Early RoA by the way.

XTreeX

05-27-2011

so many people are arguing glacial over roa if tank would i go roa and shroud if ap?