about Nasus and Fiddle

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orya

Junior Member

03-20-2010

So I'm pretty new to the game. Recently I played Nasus, and there was a Fiddlesticks in my team (or opponents, I don't remember).

Probably I was just a worse player, but I wondered: why take Nasus over Fiddlesticks? In matters of "running into a group fight with your ultimate" Fiddlesticks seemed to be stronger. Especially in games with random people, since when I then often run with Nasus into a group fight, my own teammates turn around for some reason and run away, and then it's suddenly me vs 4 or 5 enemies, who can then take me down no matter if the ult is on or not. While with Fiddle, I see enemies run in 99% of the cases.

Also, Fiddle got ranged silence and lifeleech. Sure, Nasus got lifeleech too, but only in melee.

So, in short, in which aspect is Nasus superior to Fiddlesticks?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunkRamen

Senior Member

03-20-2010

Nasus can clear lanes better and, most importantly, take hits better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TupacLives420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
Nasus can clear lanes better and, most importantly, take hits better.
Nasus' ult is so much better, anyway


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JoeCool808

Member

03-20-2010

Nasus is a tank/dps/pusher and fiddle is mage/nuke/disabler. So while fiddle is great at doing massive damage to people in team fights, nasus can take the damage and keep on hitting. Many times a fiddle ulted on my team, and I immediately slowed him and either ran or started attacking (if i had some MR). Once my team see's that I can take his ult and cleanse his fear/drain, and i've taken half his health they'll turn and fight. His ult is also amazing: more health, aoe drain life, and more damage. Nasus is my favorite hero because of his versatility.

A fiddle can be nullified if he gets focused, stunned while channeling his ult, or if people position themselves to run expecting his ult so he wastes it. However, those things take some communication and knowledge on the part of your team.

I solo queue with nasus and I know what you mean when people turn around in a team fight. The problem with nasus is he has no initiator ability, he just runs in and goes to work. Therefore, you should not be the one to start the fight, but once it does start, u should ult, get in the middle put down SF, wither the carry, and start wailing away. It's very important that you have cleanse because cc's will destroy nasus from hurting people with his ult and getting his passive life steal working. Although, you shouldn't rely too much on his lifesteal. It's also important to consider that nasus only gets stronger as the game goes on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zero47

Senior Member

03-20-2010

Nasus can tank well and his Ult changes teamfights. He can farm like a boss, so you can get alot of high tier equipment.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrrZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-20-2010

they are just different. but the higher you go in elo, the more tank is needed. in low level fiddle or twitch can break games. but when the other team knows what they are doing they shut damage dealers easy. that's where tanks do their part - they go in and either disable enemy or make them waste disables on the tank so tank's carry can destroy them

nasus is a very good soft tank. he can farm good items then disable twitch with wither and one more carry with exhaust. he also deals nice aoe damage in two ways, lowers armor which is VERY important and can take half of enemy health with one blow while having 4k hp


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

martyrAD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orya View Post
So I'm pretty new to the game. Recently I played Nasus, and there was a Fiddlesticks in my team (or opponents, I don't remember).

Probably I was just a worse player, but I wondered: why take Nasus over Fiddlesticks? In matters of "running into a group fight with your ultimate" Fiddlesticks seemed to be stronger. Especially in games with random people, since when I then often run with Nasus into a group fight, my own teammates turn around for some reason and run away, and then it's suddenly me vs 4 or 5 enemies, who can then take me down no matter if the ult is on or not. While with Fiddle, I see enemies run in 99% of the cases.

Also, Fiddle got ranged silence and lifeleech. Sure, Nasus got lifeleech too, but only in melee.

So, in short, in which aspect is Nasus superior to Fiddlesticks?
i cant talk about fiddle, as i haven't had a chance to play him. but nasus! omg hes made of win. you just need to realize solo queue players are ******ed. its a known fact. i suggest trying not to start fights as it was already said. if you team is going into a teamfight, jump on in a bit after its started and focus on the carry. with you ult, you get major dmg. also please dont use flash with nasus, its not that helpful, id suggest ghost.

Ghost with proper masteries and items, i can get around 530 move speed with ghost popped. so i can escape ganks (i usually have banshee's too). siphon also is very very important. around the 10 minute mark try to have it at least at +30, and scale it +30 more every 10 minutes or so. if you run into mana issues. golum can help, and so can runes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

roninsm

Senior Member

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCool808 View Post
Nasus is a tank/dps/pusher and fiddle is mage/nuke/disabler. So while fiddle is great at doing massive damage to people in team fights, nasus can take the damage and keep on hitting. Many times a fiddle ulted on my team, and I immediately slowed him and either ran or started attacking (if i had some MR). Once my team see's that I can take his ult and cleanse his fear/drain, and i've taken half his health they'll turn and fight. His ult is also amazing: more health, aoe drain life, and more damage. Nasus is my favorite hero because of his versatility.

A fiddle can be nullified if he gets focused, stunned while channeling his ult, or if people position themselves to run expecting his ult so he wastes it. However, those things take some communication and knowledge on the part of your team.

I solo queue with nasus and I know what you mean when people turn around in a team fight. The problem with nasus is he has no initiator ability, he just runs in and goes to work. Therefore, you should not be the one to start the fight, but once it does start, u should ult, get in the middle put down SF, wither the carry, and start wailing away. It's very important that you have cleanse because cc's will destroy nasus from hurting people with his ult and getting his passive life steal working. Although, you shouldn't rely too much on his lifesteal. It's also important to consider that nasus only gets stronger as the game goes on.

This.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KeVoN xD

Senior Member

03-20-2010

Fiddle is op, no more to say..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

martyrAD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeVoN xD View Post
Fiddle is op, no more to say..
only if you dont know how to counter him.


12