Reworked TF help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zers

03-20-2010

Im feeling the new TF has a new build if so can i get a little help to be pointed in the right direction rune.masts.skills. any help would be of great use tyvm.
-Zers Ragewick

Almighty Jax

03-20-2010

Attack Speed Runes... with movement quintessences will give you 0.856 attacks per second at the start.

Skills
1.Pick a Card
2.Wild Cards
3.Wild Cards
4.Stacked Deck
5.Wild Cards
6.Destiny

Items
Rush Sheen
Start with mana crystal
Boots of mobility (yes i know sad how now tf has to WALK around the map)
Guinsooos
Bf sword
Nashors
Blood Thirster
Bf Sword
Trinity Force

peyo

03-20-2010

Meki Pendant +2hp pots
Philosopher Stone
Ninja Tabi
Phantom Dancer
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Bloodthirster
Malady
Infinity Edge

that's my build

Runes are:
Marks - Critc Chance
Seals - Dodge
Glyphs & Quints - cooldown red.

as for skilling order

Destiny > Wild Cards > Stacked Deck > Pick a Card
start with Pick a Card ofc

BiologicalVirus

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylesey View Post
Attack Speed Runes... with movement quintessences will give you 0.856 attacks per second at the start.

Skills
1.Pick a Card
2.Wild Cards
3.Wild Cards
4.Stacked Deck
5.Wild Cards
6.Destiny

Items
Rush Sheen
Start with mana crystal
Boots of mobility (yes i know sad how now tf has to WALK around the map)
Guinsooos
Bf sword
Nashors
Blood Thirster
Bf Sword
Trinity Force
um wrong, he still teleports.

Hyfe

03-20-2010

Confused why people are prioritizing wild cards still. They seem to blow nuts now. It almost seems like if you are going AD/AS you should pretty much ignore wild cards.

peyo

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyfe View Post
Confused why people are prioritizing wild cards still. They seem to blow nuts now. It almost seems like if you are going AD/AS you should pretty much ignore wild cards.
not really. Don't forget that TF is squishy and his range is lower than ashe's or others. Wild Cards got GODLY range, they are easy to avoid, that's true, but people often don't do that.
Best harrasing skill, no doubts

Also helps late game

Lucchinii

03-20-2010

Summoner Spells:
Exhaust and Ignite, because I'm usually stuck fighting squishies at low levels that go DPS, and Exhaust makes them slow, and miss a lot, while ignite owns their hp and hp regen. Ignite can also be used to half the enemie's hp regen and make them heal less hp from skills. Most people have trouble against an Alistar/Soraka team. But all you need to do is have ignite on you.

Chances are though, there are better spells for TF, but I'm too lazy to change my spells around.

Skill Build:
PAC
WC
Then focus on maxing Destiny, followed by WC, followed by SD, maxing PAC last.

Item Build:
1. Malady
2. Boots of Swiftness
3. Madred's Bloodrazor
4.Another Attack Speed Item. Divine Sword if the other team likes to blind you(**** teemos and exhaust)
5.DMG Items, like Bloodthirst, since it gives life steal as well, meaning more survivability if you keep attacking.

And so on.

The first three items are the core of my item build.

I get Vamp Scepter first and go mid lane, let's me stay there for a good while while I farm with auto attacks/WC.

Focus on getting your Malady first. Boots can gtfo.

You should have your Malady, Boots of Swiftness, and at least a Recurve bow for your bloodrazor once you're around level 12.
At this point, you can own almost any non-fed squishy *******s around, except for those cute little *******s that like to blind you with darts.

Once you get your bloodrazor, your cards will give those fat tanks some nasty paper cuts and own them.

I stacked AS runes. I have around 0.8 at level 1, and it just keeps going up and up when I level SD.

I'm usually the first to destroy a turret in the match, unless my team sucks more than I
do... And let me tell you dude, I suck wayyy too much.

Also, if you can't pick gold cards easily, you might as well quit this game.

Twisted Fate is just like Jax now. He takes no skill to use.. Except aiming your wild cards.

Oh and, you max Wild Cards first because it's a very sexy farming skill, and at low levels you can use it to chew through the squishies on the other team.

Almighty Jax

03-20-2010

Wild cards still have the same base damage.. so early game they still cut out 1/3 of a squishys health if you level them properly. Great for harrasing.. killing in towers and you need them to farm + soften up the other mid for your first teleport in. Besides what else are you doing with that mana?

Dr Troll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2010

Gonna go ahead and disagree completely with these posters...

I skip wild card completely until I have no choice. Red/blue card is perfectly fine for farming, and you can get a more reliable harass out of building up 3 hits and pulling out a red/blue.

I'm still trying to figure out an optimal build. I go mid, and my biggest problem is not harassing, but survivability. I'm almost thinking its a good idea to go cloth armor first and get an early Madred's. Your damage output early game comes almost entirely from pulling cards and fourth hitting anyway, and I actually would much rather get a SotD, upgraded Madred's, even Wit's end over malady. The hp steal isn't that helpful.

Lucchinii

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Troll View Post
Gonna go ahead and disagree completely with these posters...

I skip wild card completely until I have no choice. Red/blue card is perfectly fine for farming, and you can get a more reliable harass out of building up 3 hits and pulling out a red/blue.

I'm still trying to figure out an optimal build. I go mid, and my biggest problem is not harassing, but survivability. I'm almost thinking its a good idea to go cloth armor first and get an early Madred's. Your damage output early game comes almost entirely from pulling cards and fourth hitting anyway, and I actually would much rather get a SotD, upgraded Madred's, even Wit's end over malady. The hp steal isn't that helpful.
One in PAC is good enough until you max your other skills.

You shouldn't use PAC to farm, you should focus on using its red/gold cards on enemy champs.

I get a Vamp Scept as my starting item because you've got good AS early game, so you're able to heal hp by auto attacking easily. You can use WC to harass the enemy champion to get away so you can keep farming.

SD's 4th hit isn't at all reliable for harassing.
Wild Card has a very long range, so you can harass from far away, while auto attacking creeps to heal hp with a life steal item.

Getting a Malady, not only gives you lifesteal and boost your AS by a whopping 50%. It has a very sexy unique passive, making you do more damage.

SotD's passive is just like SD's. It does extra damage on the 4th hit.
You will constantly be dealing damage to a target with Malady's passive.

Mind you, I'm not saying getting SotD is a bad idea.
It's just a bad idea getting it early, instead of getting an item that does more damage overall, and adds to survivability if you keep attacking.
SotD's active helps against those players that like using exhaust/blind darts to make you miss. The 30 armor pen for 5 secs is a bit useful, but.. it's FIVE seconds.

Also, Malady lets you jungle early.
Malady, and a decent level in SD, will let you live while auto attacking the jungle creeps.

Malady+WC+PAC=Safe Jungling.

Only advantage SotD has over Malady is, you can't miss for FIVE seconds, and the item icon looks a bit more cool. Just a bit though.

Getting a life steal item lets you stay in the lane longer, which lets you get more gold and more exp, which in turn, lets you become stronger faster.

If you want though, you can try to be pro by getting a cloth armor, and 2 hp pots.
Because let's face it, if you can stay in the middle lane till level 12-ish and manage to get 1+ kills, then either you're so ****ing pro with TF that it's nothing to joke about, or the enemy champion just kept auto attacking creeps while you hit him with your weak cardboard cards(happened to me actually, nub Ezreals are everywhere)