Where is the Black Man???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fatwa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzy View Post
League of Legends has quite a few white or near white champions; Zilean, Annie, Nunu, Tryndamere, Singe and Ashe. Where are the all black people in this game?

I'm not saying you guys are racist. I'm just saying it would be nice if the "human" looking champions looked a little more ethnically diverse.

And no, purple and blue don't really cut it.
Are you that close-minded and overly sensitive to skin color that a simple game must conform to the guidelines of racial diversity? You should be ashamed of yourself, the global population isn't your mother, and we sure as **** do not need to appease your every whim.

Lovecore

08-30-2009

My ryze is black

Business

08-30-2009

Wow. People are pretty extreme in their judging of people. It's a perfectly valid point. He's not claiming for racial equality of the gaming world, he'd just like to see more diversity. If the game was designed by South Africans, I can assure you there would be many more dark skinned characters, it's just a cognitive thing to make most of the characters like so because of where we come from. I mean. Riot. Do you have a black person on your staff?

I vote for an African King, they were pretty cool from what I remember.

freykin

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woozl View Post
Actually, go into the Champions page and look at Ashe when out of game. She is very brown. Besides, Karthus and Kassadin are both black, so I don't see the problem.
EDIT: Also, think about it this way. Would you rather have no black champions, or a black champion that eats fried chicken, watermelons, and throws basketballs? You decide which is more racist.
It depends. Is it Charles Barkley doing a chaos dunk? Or his son the Gun Braster?

Zeta

08-30-2009

There's a Voodoo Witch Doctor that looks like Baron Samedi on the way, supposedly. But that's a little stereotypical, yeah.

Also, people, yeah, skin color doesn't seem like a big deal if you're not a part of a minority because you have the luxury of not giving a damn because you're "normal". When you grow up and every fictional hero all have white skin, you notice it.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

08-30-2009

Resident Evil was never racist for not including black zombies, but the second RE5 comes out, whoo boy! God forbid there's black zombies (not really zombies in that game, but my point stands) in Africa!

How about you go yell at Blizzard for the lack of black people in Warcraft 3? How about we go yell at Infinity Ward for not including any blacks in Call of Duty 1 and 2?

This is really nothing to make a big deal out of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira View Post
You're racist for even caring about this.
This about sums it up.

Business

08-30-2009

You raise a good point Frank. Let's start a petition against Blizzard too. I like the way you think.

Skaft

The Council

08-30-2009

Yeah, shame on you riot!

Safaquel

Adjudicator

08-30-2009

Right, next thing we're gonna have a Rabbi with 'Summon Prague Golem' ability and 'World Conspiracy' racial. YOu want some mayo on that?

Modnar

Adjudicator

08-30-2009

I'm really upset there are so many people with blue and purple skin but none with red or green...