Where is the Black Man???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jerzy

08-30-2009

League of Legends has quite a few white or near white champions; Zilean, Annie, Nunu, Tryndamere, Singe and Ashe. Where are the all black people in this game?

I'm not saying you guys are racist. I'm just saying it would be nice if the "human" looking champions looked a little more ethnically diverse.

And no, purple and blue don't really cut it.

Woozl

08-30-2009

Actually, go into the Champions page and look at Ashe when out of game. She is very brown. Besides, Karthus and Kassadin are both black, so I don't see the problem.
EDIT: Also, think about it this way. Would you rather have no black champions, or a black champion that eats fried chicken, watermelons, and throws basketballs? You decide which is more racist.

Kira

08-30-2009

You're racist for even caring about this.

FellowerOfOdin

08-30-2009

Who the **** cares about people's skin color in a game with pedophiliac bears, goat-legged women and gay knights?

jerzy

08-30-2009

Wow, could you guys please go find another thread to troll.

Karthus is a skeleton and Kassadin is GREEN. Ashe does NOT look that dark at all.

I'm sorry that you guys seem to be REDNECKS with little else to do with your time. Gemknight is a white dude and a knight to boot. These are very western, both in terms of race and in terms of armor. Judicator is also very western in terms of armour. Sure Card Master and Master Yi have more of an Asian feel, but where is Africa?

I believe that my question is quite relevant. America has a black president after all, yet I can't talk about race? WTF...

BrainStein

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FellowerOfOdin View Post
Who the **** cares about people's skin color in a game with pedophiliac bears, goat-legged women and gay knights?
i loled ; D

still its a good point imo, the thread's..

Vindico Atrum

08-30-2009

Wait.. What?

Take your political correctness out of this forum. If LoL has 10000 champions in 10 years and not a single one is black, they are still not being racist.

Oddiz

08-30-2009

Does the rapper ryze skin count?

Quep

08-30-2009

i think that the biggest factor here is....LOL is a game -_- it doesnt have to include race... OR gender at that.

or religious beliefs OR sexuality... all in all, its impossible for this game to be racist END of story, plz close thread =D

IS1e7d710a0763eb

08-30-2009

I get what you are saying about skin-color, but I do not know how western armor looks compared to an African armor, w/o making it a tribe theme. (Which may arrive with the voodoo themed champion)

This might be only me, but I am seeing a link between Ryze and the Erudite people, which were originally black in EverQuest. And Gangplank, even if not African, for sure isn't very pale.

Also.. The champions are build around stereoptypical themes. And if they did that to put in someone with very dark skin color, people would possibly more often find a problem with it. Native American with alot of feathers, Indian themed champ with four arms, African champ with a bone through his nose etc...

It is Very hard to design this many champions - include everything - not offend anyone.
Give them some time though, I am sure they will come.

-Terry