need Amumu foresting tips.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BarrSupport

03-20-2010

well, right now, i had some help with laning from a friend, but im not sure if i should go foresting or not. ive hear alot of people go foresting with amumu, but im not sure what kind of games i should forest in, and im also not sure what items i should use when foresting. Any tips? ty in advance.

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-20-2010

I can't give expert advice, since I prefer laning. But generally if you have an ally who can hold their lane and not die, then go jungling so they can get some solo exp.
You will need some armor (cloth armor, ninja tabi), and potions for health regen. Tantrum is your friend, make use of the "hit me and reduce my cooldown" aspect. Despair is your friend; use it for golem/lizard/dragon. Golem buff is especially your friend, since it's -25% cooldown and a huge mana regeneration to keep your despair going.
I haven't tried it from level 1 though. Usually I go after level 5 if my laning partner feels confident in not dying.

roninsm

03-20-2010

Start with a Doran's ring, smite, and despair and you can do golem at lvl1. Once you have golem the rest is easy. Try it a couple times in practice games to make sure you have it down before you do it in a real game. Your team will rage if you die to golem.

Astax

04-04-2010

You can jungle with him pretty well from lvl 5 on, before that its really not worth it.

PatMcGroyne

04-04-2010

Well considering Amumu is a tank and not a DPS character Jungling is kinda stupid... In order to jungle effectively you need to invest in damage... Well you are already going down the wrong path... As a support character it is your job to give support in a lane to a squishier character and get them kills... You are going down the wrong path again...

In closing Amumu is already a gimped character that does nothing but provide stun support for his team. An Amumu built for DPS will get eaten. Anyone with cleanse will kill you very easily... I'm talking extremely easy I have seen some Amumu's built for DPS and I just came and ganked their lane all day long I killed him 8 times before my opposing mid laner hit lvl 14 I was lvl 18.

GENERAL NUTBAKED

04-04-2010

you could jungle fine with amumu, take cloth armor and a ton of health pots and maybe 1 mana pot, summoner skills clarity/rally imo, and do the traditional jungling path. pick tantrum at lv1, start with smaller minions, at lv2 get despair and go grab golem with it. that, or you could try your luck with lv1 golem, but pick despair first.

amumu is actually a great jungler, being able to take out lizard, dragon, and golem with ease.

and the guy who posted before me is a complete moron who has probably never played amumu. you dont need any damage items on him to jungle effectively.

and you could probably build up cloth armor into aegis of the legion and do just fine.

xahhfink6

04-04-2010

when I jungle with amumu, I find that he most lacks hp gain, so I start with a regrowth pendant... at level 2 I leave lane and take golem and the jungle group (wolves or golems) on that side... if it was golems I'll usually b and grab a ruby crystal then (working towards catalyst)

After that I grab lizard, and i dragon at level 5...

Make sure to hit them at least once before you use smite, because the MR reduction will apply to the smite damage.

PatMcGroyne

04-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaster View Post
you could jungle fine with amumu, take cloth armor and a ton of health pots and maybe 1 mana pot, summoner skills clarity/rally imo, and do the traditional jungling path. pick tantrum at lv1, start with smaller minions, at lv2 get despair and go grab golem with it. that, or you could try your luck with lv1 golem, but pick despair first.

amumu is actually a great jungler, being able to take out lizard, dragon, and golem with ease.

and the guy who posted before me is a complete moron who has probably never played amumu. you dont need any damage items on him to jungle effectively.

and you could probably build up cloth armor into aegis of the legion and do just fine.
Oh really so you are saying you can keep up with everyone in side lanes without getting any damage items? I have played Amumu and he can't keep up jungling with the side lanes unless he gets madreds which is a waste... Just because you can kill things with ease doesn't mean you can do it quickly enough to keep pace with everyone else.

Pyronymer

04-04-2010

Everyone on this thread is wrong, wrong, wrong, and not just about claims that Amumu can successfully jungle (or indeed, function).

The OP did not ask about this mysterious "Jungling" you speak of. He asked about "Foresting".

Since we were hanging out anyway I asked Google what "Foresting" was, she said...

"Definitions of foresting on the Web:
Forestry is the art and science of managing forests, tree plantations, and related natural resources. ..."

SO what the OP is looking for here is primarily HORTICULTURAL ADVICE.

So your build should be all horticultural items...

Regrowth Pendant (+30% Reforestation rate)
Pick Axe (+30 to all Weeding Implement damage)
Force Of Nature (Doubles your bonus to your Sense of Being at one with Nature)
Chalice Of Harmony (Reduces your Ecological Footprint by -2.5 per Champion level)

Then you do the following.

1) Take Despair as your first skill.
2) Travel deep into the jungle until you reach unspoiled wilderness untouched by Man or Warwick.
3) Hide in the bushes.
4) Turn on despair to water the trees.
5) Watch the trees grow

Now the XP and gold return on watching trees grow in LoL is currently rather UP, it really needs a buff, but you will earn approximately 1 gold and 1 XP per game year that you stand there crying in the wilderness.

Which means that it is the MOST effective thing you can do with Amumu.

So please enjoy using this mini Forestry guide for Amumu, the champion so bad watching trees grow is better.

GENERAL NUTBAKED

04-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyronymer View Post
Everyone on this thread is wrong, wrong, wrong, and not just about claims that Amumu can successfully jungle (or indeed, function).

The OP did not ask about this mysterious "Jungling" you speak of. He asked about "Foresting".

Since we were hanging out anyway I asked Google what "Foresting" was, she said...

"Definitions of foresting on the Web:
Forestry is the art and science of managing forests, tree plantations, and related natural resources. ..."

SO what the OP is looking for here is primarily HORTICULTURAL ADVICE.

So your build should be all horticultural items...

Regrowth Pendant (+30% Reforestation rate)
Pick Axe (+30 to all Weeding Implement damage)
Force Of Nature (Doubles your bonus to your Sense of Being at one with Nature)
Chalice Of Harmony (Reduces your Ecological Footprint by -2.5 per Champion level)

Then you do the following.

1) Take Despair as your first skill.
2) Travel deep into the jungle until you reach unspoiled wilderness untouched by Man or Warwick.
3) Hide in the bushes.
4) Turn on despair to water the trees.
5) Watch the trees grow

Now the XP and gold return on watching trees grow in LoL is currently rather UP, it really needs a buff, but you will earn approximately 1 gold and 1 XP per game year that you stand there crying in the wilderness.

Which means that it is the MOST effective thing you can do with Amumu.

So please enjoy using this mini Forestry guide for Amumu, the champion so bad watching trees grow is better.
i lol'd

and to reply to patmcpenor or whever his name is, yeah you will basically be lv5 when everyone else is lv6 as amumu, but you will still be able to have full neutral control. with some good gank attempts, you should be level 6 at the same time everyone else is.

by maxing w and e early, you should keep pace with everybody else relatively easily.