Twisted Fate - AP, AD, Hybrid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Low Key Lyesmith

05-25-2011

Hey guys, Lately, I've been wondering, is AP or AD TF the better, or is a Hybrid + AS build the best? I've seen all of them do fairly well, except when the AP TF is on cooldown, he gets screwed and can't do much other than sit in the back spamming Q and the occasional W.

Zauren

05-25-2011

I dunno. If you want to teleport in and gank, AP. I'd go hybrid for a bit of the best of both worlds. They've scaled best late game from what I've seen.

Low Key Lyesmith

05-25-2011

What would I build? Greaves, Guinsoo's Rageblade, Hextech Gunblade...?

Vimous

05-25-2011

Depends what role you want to play.

I like going AD when I want to go gank crazy early/mid game. AD is great also for taking out a squishy solo when they go off to farm. Essentially make it a 5v4. Also, AD TF is great for tower pushing and BD. Otherwise, for team fight presense there are way better dps champs to fit the role.

I find that AP TF is quite good as well. His CD is rather short imo. I think Wild Card is on a 2-3sec cd with uber range and mutiple hits. Scales well. Pick a card is great also, low cd and stun locking. AP tf you can fight and spam from a very safe distance.

Hybrid I don't have much experience.

LongDongSiIvers

05-25-2011

AD tf is amazing at back dooring, but AP tf is better at just about everything else. I'd consider both builds viable and useful in their own respects.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2011

i like ap more burst ftw although he kinda loses the ablility to backdoor he can still use his blue which is quite powerful against turrets
i like ap more

cardboardbox

05-26-2011

AP is better because you actually will push towers about as hard as AD in a backdoor or standard push situation.
AP also provides team with incredible amounts of poke and AoE, but it is really also situational to what your team needs as well to play AP or AD
Hybrid imo doesnt do anything better than playing straight up AD or AP

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2011

i would say malady is great item for hybird tf

it gives him ap + as + m pren

ArgothBlackblade

05-27-2011

Ap is easier to learn how to use your skill combos for the most damage, AD is better to learn where to stand in fights. Overall i started AP to get a good understanding then went to AD cause you get more kills that way

CrossBlades

05-27-2011

I GO straight ad with some attack speed all the better for backdoring