Commander Alistar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marid King

03-19-2010

This is not a guide, but I am presenting an idea I have had and am wondering if it is viable in mid-high elo.

I recently played Alistar (on a bot game, I admit) and for fun got Aegis of the Legion. I noticed that it's aura applies to minions as well. I managed to get about 20 units to each tower using heal, popped rally, and suddenly the ten ranged dudes had 45 damage each, and the melee guys had 35 damage. We popped turret after turret, including the bottom turret at level 2 (though that's irrelevant). Finished the game in a bit under 26 minutes with nothing but aegis, meki pendant, and basic boots.

My idea is, ignore Alistars potential as a support ganker and and focus utterly on his ability to push lanes, using heal and items. So I'm thinking;

Aegis of the Legion: increases Alistars tanking ability and the damage of minions considerably.

Innervating Locket: I'm not sure the passive affects minions, but if it does, excellent. Increases tanking ability, allows spell spam.

Sunfire Cape: Deals very high damage to minions, and increases his tanking ability.

Frozen Heart: I'm once again not sure if the passive affects minions, but if it does, good. Increases tanking ability, allows for spell spam, and possibly debuffs enemy minions.

Summoner spells: Rally for sure, flash but flexible.

I'd be grateful to hear opinions and comments on this build's viability, and if the two mentioned items work on minions.

wildfire393

03-19-2010

Push Alistar is a common strategy. It help when he lanes with someone like Sivir or Taric who also boosts pushing immensely.

I'd suggest Teleport over flash though, so you can get into a lane that's got minions close to a tower quickly.

As for items, I'm fairly certain that Locket affects everyone but that Frozen Heart is Champs only (it's also fairly minor given that your minions already have the armor/mr advantage + your heals to keep them going)

You might want to consider Sheen and/or Last Whisper to improve your personal damage against towers.

Marid King

03-19-2010

Aha, thanks v much. I'll test that.

Mesa H

03-20-2010

Well, i wouldn't say Rally is a must for alistar, teleport and flash will be a lot more useful in the actual game, because u'll not only be pushing, but also ganking and initiating.

The problem is u sometimes run into opponents who won't let u push easily, healing minions can only get u so far, and u'll have a hard time actually attacking the tower urself if the other team has any clue on playing.

Rally has a really long cool down and alistar can push a tower without the assist of rally, once u get locket, the rally seems kind of useless.

i've seen enough good alistar and played a few games myself to know that the money spent on Aegis is a lot more useful if spent on other tanking items, but that's just my observation, maybe higher ELO players have diff. opinions

Ahhpple

03-20-2010

Aegis becomes a better item when your team is around. It only seems like a waste of money if you're on your own.
edit: also Alistar doesn't need many items to tank so why not spend money to help your teammates

Crimson Binome

03-20-2010

Alistar stinks as a tank with out his ulti, in my opinion getting team items is a waste your team isn't healing you or watching your back you're going in you're gunna stun 3 heros you're gunna knock one away maybe hit your E button by then your ulti is up and if your team hasn't killed all the heros you're dead they're dead and you had nothing for it but 12 seconds of 75% reduced dmg taking the least amount of dmg is your best bet after your ulti is up you need the defense you can get

Praetor Kamahl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
Frozen Heart is Champs only
Frozen Heart affects all nearby enemies, minions and neutrals included. Only Towers and Nashor aren't affected. I get it every game as Malphite, so I see it a lot.