Blue Side Favored

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anivionics

04-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpload View Post
add
Code:
FlipCameraOnChaosSide=1
under [HUD] in your lol/game/DATA/game.cfg file
Im about to test this right now!

Miketwo

04-13-2010

I use the key binding wasd for map scrolling and qerf for abilities, and have no problems

Anivionics

04-15-2010

Xpload's solution did not work, the game changes the 1 to a 0 at the start of the game.

MrButtermancer

04-19-2010

Look people, the question is NOT "do I use camera lock." The response is not "learn to play with the camera unlocked, n00b. I'm better than you because I play with camera unlocked an instead of being helpful I'm just going to post this."

There are people who play with the camera locked.

Purple players playing with locked cameras are at a disadvantage playing against blue players with locked cameras.

This is a problem.

A number of solutions have been proposed. Players? Stop being elitist. Don't give anyone that "I've never played with camera locked nub, lol" garbage. You sound like children and you're not helping anyone.

Riot? You have an oppertunity to help players out here. Many of us would appreciate the consistency of being able to revolve the map even if we aren't using locked camera.

koolmoedee

04-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGoody View Post
I dont see how my prefering a locked camera makes a difference. I maintain a nice 75 to 50 win/loss ratio, so im not losing all the time, I can still see everybody on the map, and I communicate and know my spells more than the average player.

Simply because I play with lock on does not make me worse, it just gives me one less aspect to have to worry about. I dont see how moving the camera and having to manually make it follow you somehow make you a better player, when you can see the same things I can see.

I am argueing that for the players who choose to use the camera lock feature, there is a favor to looking up on the screen versus down. Straight up long range players like Anivia have a serious disadvantage when facing down compared to others.

Please, its not a difficult request, stop with the "camera lock is for nubs" arguement, you can start another thread for that if you really want.
You sound like all the mediocre arena players in WoW that refuse to keybind their spells because it seems like more work when in actuality it will make you better just by virtue of doing it and getting used to it. =/

The Mors

04-22-2010

I love how people who don't play with camera lock have a superiority complex where they think their play style is CLEARLY better. Makes me lol.

I switch in and out of camera lock constantly. It's hot keyed to my space bar. When the enemy champ is outside my view of camera lock, I unlock it. When they enter back in, I lock it.

Why do I bother using camera lock?

Skill shots and range. If you play a champion like Ezreal who is totally dependent on skill shots, it is WAY easier to line up angles if you have camera lock on. It is one less thing to take into consideration when lining up enemies and allies for your W. When your camera lock is on, you know where your character is going to be at all times, so all you have to worry about is the line and angle of your targets. If your camera lock is OFF, you have to add another variable in that you now have to pay attention to where your character is and line up your shots based on where your character is at that camera angle. Way more of a pain.

Secondly, with a character such as Ezreal, the range of his skills is longer than the range of other ranged characters. With my camera locked, I know exactly where the enemy should be on my screen so that my skills can hit them and their skills can't hit me, without needing the range bubble of the skill. This doesn't work with camera unlocked, because again, you're adding another unneccessary variable of not only calculating where the enemy is, but calculating where your own character is. When you lock the camera, you fix one of the variables, so now you only have to concern yourself with how far the enemy is. You can ignore where your character is because he's always in the same spot.

Arkteruss

04-23-2010

I may be dense or ******ed for not figuring this out but, what would be the problem for making whatever team your on bottom? Basically it doesn't matter whether or not you're purple or blue, your view point is made so that your nexus is the bottom one.

MrButtermancer

04-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff10426 View Post
I may be dense or ******ed for not figuring this out but, what would be the problem for making whatever team your on bottom? Basically it doesn't matter whether or not you're purple or blue, your view point is made so that your nexus is the bottom one.
This is EXACTLY what I want. This would make my gaming experience MUCH better. Seriously, when I want to mid and I'm purple, I queuedodge. It's such a disadvantage. I CAN play with unlocked camera, but I hate it for skillshots.

Anivionics

04-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrButtermancer View Post
This is EXACTLY what I want. This would make my gaming experience MUCH better. Seriously, when I want to mid and I'm purple, I queuedodge. It's such a disadvantage. I CAN play with unlocked camera, but I hate it for skillshots.

I just straight up hate following my character around with the manual camera. I CAN do it, but its easier for flash frost if I dont have to worry about maneuvering my camera as well as a slow moving, timing reliant skill shot.

MrButtermancer

04-30-2010

You'll also note inconsistencies. Phreak mentions during the Sivir champion spotlight that the bush near the golem buff's invisible "sweet spot" for farming the golem in the bush is much smaller on the purple side. What? Please Riot... I want to play on blue... it's more fun. Allow us to flip the flippin' map.