Blue Side Favored

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

baalzy

04-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathWingSC View Post
(mostly Starcraft, not Warcraft cause my CD broke 5 years ago and I'm too lazy to get a new one).

Maneuvering around the map to see what's going on is natural to me now. I can't play locked at all. It's a skill I lost.
DeathWing, if you ever read this reply. If you still have your CD keys you can now download the WC3 client from blizzards website (all of their games are like this now)

On topic: Is it that big of a deal? I came from DOTA, having your camera locked seems like a really bad idea (i like to see far down field where the threat is, not halfway down field and halfway above me or near my tower where there aren't any likely threats anyways. Only takes a quick mouse flick to move your camera or press and hold the spacebar if you want it to lock on you.

VIVr

04-07-2010

I believe this already has been mentioned, but wouldn't the easiest way be flipping the map upside down for purple? This sounds far more feasible for me than, say, moving the UI to the top, even if this solution makes stuff complicated with top/bottom or all that.

Piffster

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlblue View Post
its true its possible to unlock ur camara, but when im on blue side i never need to, and its just more relaxing and more comfortable to not have to unlock ur camara, and be able to see everything perfectly...
I'm sorry, if you play this game in locked camera mode you are going to lose because you don't know that it completely hinders your game play, I really don't think it has anything to do with sight.

Anivionics

04-08-2010

I dont see how my prefering a locked camera makes a difference. I maintain a nice 75 to 50 win/loss ratio, so im not losing all the time, I can still see everybody on the map, and I communicate and know my spells more than the average player.

Simply because I play with lock on does not make me worse, it just gives me one less aspect to have to worry about. I dont see how moving the camera and having to manually make it follow you somehow make you a better player, when you can see the same things I can see.

I am argueing that for the players who choose to use the camera lock feature, there is a favor to looking up on the screen versus down. Straight up long range players like Anivia have a serious disadvantage when facing down compared to others.

Please, its not a difficult request, stop with the "camera lock is for nubs" arguement, you can start another thread for that if you really want.

lawlblue

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piffster View Post
I'm sorry, if you play this game in locked camera mode you are going to lose because you don't know that it completely hinders your game play, I really don't think it has anything to do with sight.
i didnt say i always play with camara locked, but most of the time it is, i unlock it quite alot though but i dont always havbe it locked or unlocked

Greensamo

04-09-2010

Yet another ingame issue easily fixed by a rotatable camera.

BladeReaper

04-09-2010

I think they should make the camera able to turn ,i mean , if u are up , turn it towards the blue and if u are blue turn in towards purple for MORE VIE , so a lot of people would be happy because they kinda get sick of the old this that way of the camera .... sometimes we need a changed vie of the place. And this way no disadvantages would take place ....

Gordo San

04-09-2010

simple solution.... just play better..... lol

Xpload

Adjudicator

04-12-2010

add

Code:
FlipCameraOnChaosSide=1
under [HUD] in your lol/game/DATA/game.cfg file

superamazing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2010

i wonder if a mirror image type inverter would work. Depends what kind of hosting they use. I'd defiantly like to see the HUD implemented on the top though.