Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Blue Side Favored

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anivionics

03-28-2010

Bump for great justice!

dYCz6lcXvHgw3EQf

03-29-2010

There is another difference I discovered: overlapping hitboxes and hp bars. You try and heal the right person when they're on top of each other. It is much easier to click the southmost one which is the tank if you're playing purple, the caster for blue.

Kevinblaze

Recruiter

03-29-2010

They fixed the click to heal problem since you can qwer - f# cast directly onto your choice of allies.

mijikmushie

04-01-2010

Quote:
Monzie:
I hate the camera lock, I never have it on, it is way too restricting to be able to see what is happening around you. I'm surprised anyone plays with it on.

i couldnt agree more. I personally cant say ive ever had it on for more than 5 seconds by accident so the whole spell issue people experience because of the camera lock doesnt bother me at all. Of course they could also solve the issue by just letting the MAX ZOOM go out further...............PLEASE!

Glaricion

04-01-2010

How the hell can you play with camera-lock on?
The only reason it should be locked is either spacebar or forgetting to hit y, or the icon in the corner.
I mean come-on! I've played both purp and blue often and I must say that the odds are the same for win-lose for me. If you are having troupe due to the ui on blue team with your camera-lock, and you believe that it is an inconvenience learn to play with scrolling, it isn't that hard.
Hell, you can make it scroll faster! I tap space often in pre-ganks, other than that all scrolling.
Having the map-scroll up about 3/5ths does the trick for me.

Illuyankas

04-02-2010

I don't really see a point in locking the camera and never use it, but the bug should still be fixed to make sure that both sides are balanced.

Krypticz

04-02-2010

wouldnt a viable solution to this is just to have the view start above the bottom bar so no part of the map would be hidden by it. when i played wow i used a viewport addon so the game started above my bars / other addons.

TestSubject06

04-03-2010

Quote:
Nykidemus:
It could really be fixed just by having the camera lock center your character a little higher in the screen - in the middle of the play view area, rather than the middle of the monitor.

Being able to zoom out a little bit would help a lot with really long range spells too. I'm with everyone else - I hate to unlock my camera, especially on characters who teleport around a lot or whatnot.

Speak for yourself, i never lock my camera, even when i first downloaded this game the camera was unlocked. ive played RTS's my whole life and i guess its just natural for me now to move my screen without interrupting my game play. why would you ever want anything more than a quick champ center anyways, it puts you at such a disadvantage to keep the camera locked.

random543210

04-06-2010

how do you even begin to look around and chekc out things with camera lock lol. I tried it for 30 seconds and felt like i had down syndrome....

Anivionics

04-06-2010

I do just fine with the camera lock on. Even though this is a RTS, I always play with camera lock on. In the heat of battle, I dont like having to manage my movement, my spells, AND my camera, all the while having to communicate with teammates.

If I need to look around on the map i merely left click the minimap and move the camera around like that, it does it just fine.

Ive tried to play with the camera free, and it only gives me an extra layer of management to worry about. I play with camera locked for this reason.

I would really appreciate it if people would not argue "how can you play with camera lock on!" when this thread is not an argument for camera lock / unlock, its an argument for how one angle of the game is horribly favored versus another.

Thank you