Blue Side Favored

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anivionics

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enai Siaion View Post
If the map is flipped for everyone, then everyone has the same top and bottom.

Im a bit confused, are you saying you are FOR the camera flip idea? Or against?

tbwen

03-23-2010

IMO, it's important to learn to unlock your camera. Checking other lanes is pretty important... Checking what buffs they have, seeing if they have oracle, look if they're planting any traps or wards. Also, when you're trying to cut off a champion in a gank, it's important to pan over to the enemy champion and move with him n the screen instead of steadily clicking bit by bit looking at the minimap to figure out where you are. It's a skill that's as important as checking your minimap often for mias.

Monzie

03-24-2010

I hate the camera lock, I never have it on, it is way too restricting to be able to see what is happening around you. I'm surprised anyone plays with it on.

Raiden30

03-24-2010

The camera should never ALWAYS be locked, you do need to pay attention to what is happening elsewhere or outside of your champs natural sight range. However, I do prefer locking my camera in a team battle or when chasing someone down, playing purple ruins this for ranged champs and do to the loss in real estate I am forced to play unlocked about 95% of the time.

I guess the bottom line is that if two people on opposite teams both prefer playing with camera locked, one will have an advantage over the other, this should not be the case.

DeathWingSC

03-24-2010

I don't get the point of camera lock. It's never helped me before, it's just a bother.

I don't know, but maybe it's because I play RTS alot (mostly Starcraft, not Warcraft cause my CD broke 5 years ago and I'm too lazy to get a new one). All the UMS maps with this kind of attitude were one's I loved to bits. I made my own one too. When I found LoL it was love at first site. Never played Battle.net Warcraft3 and DoTA was never something I got to play.

Maneuvering around the map to see what's going on is natural to me now. I can't play locked at all. It's a skill I lost.

Kivvel

03-24-2010

Whoa, what the hell. People play with locked camera on? I thought that was purely for cinematic purposes?

PhaseJump

03-24-2010

I never use the camera perma-lock because of the inclined camera view.
I only do a quick hit on the Space bar to re-center the camera on my champ when needed. In any case both solutions (locked or not) have pros and cons. In the middle of a fight I don't really have the time to manually adjust the camera through edge scroll either.

All in all I still don't get why we have a completely useless Zoom In along with a "not quite enough Out" Zoom Out.
Neither do I understand the lack of a ROTATE camera feature (Not to mention you can clearly see Riot using different angle views in their official media here :sadpanda: )

Nykidemus

03-24-2010

It could really be fixed just by having the camera lock center your character a little higher in the screen - in the middle of the play view area, rather than the middle of the monitor.

Being able to zoom out a little bit would help a lot with really long range spells too. I'm with everyone else - I hate to unlock my camera, especially on characters who teleport around a lot or whatnot.

Nykidemus

03-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwen View Post
IMO, it's important to learn to unlock your camera. Checking other lanes is pretty important... Checking what buffs they have, seeing if they have oracle, look if they're planting any traps or wards. Also, when you're trying to cut off a champion in a gank, it's important to pan over to the enemy champion and move with him n the screen instead of steadily clicking bit by bit looking at the minimap to figure out where you are. It's a skill that's as important as checking your minimap often for mias.
You can check other lanes and whatnot by dragging on the minimap. You can leave your camera locked to yourself and it snaps back when you release the minimap.

Anivionics

03-25-2010

Never have I said I dont use the unlock feature. Im saying is that the locked feature is a disadvantage to the purple side due to the awkward camera angle with ranged spells.

I play with camera lock on. When im on blue side its very convenient to have my camera follow me around, not me follow my character around. I dont enjoy managing my gameplay, movement, AND camera views. Why do the third when the computer does it for you? On blue side, theres never a camera angle issue. On purple side, nearly every approach is met with hassle, and its unfair.