A Request for localization builds.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luchen

07-18-2009

PLEASE don't release unfinished international versions of the PVP.net client unless you got the basic stuff running. This weeks was worse because you can't even pick champions/sumonner spells on the pregame lobby.
It took 3 weeks for someone to actually post a fix for this issue and it has really crippled my game lately.

Suggestions: Make it so that you can select whatever language for it and making it very clear that some key text is missing for that buid (seriously, couldn't even get to the sumonner profile because the only button with text was "armory" i think)

micha

Adjudicator

07-18-2009

+1 on the whole front-end localization thingy, and again thx to Lima for the fix.
And when i'm right then the Localization shouldn't be in for this week, i don't know why its there but thats really annoying when only the half PvP.net is working, and after the fix there are just the 4th or 5th straight weekend no tooltips for Summoner Masteries so i have to blind pick or make my skillbuilds with the forums and write it down on the paper for fast respeccing at the 1:30 minute pre-game lobby :P

Marduke

Adjudicator

07-18-2009

Bugs in beta? ALERT THE PRESS!

micha

Adjudicator

07-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduke View Post
Of the last 5 Weekends we were playing 4 Weekends with this, wich is really annoying and not really fun, and they always said "this will be fixed" "localization is in? oh this shouldn't be in" when we were asking ;(
And at this weekend the half PvP.net was broken for all the guys wich German/French/Spanish OS and specially for the 3.000 new guys, is that really annoying because they have no clue whats going on at the PvP.net Client.

Luchen

07-19-2009

Quote:
Please save your sarcasm when the game breaks horribly for you for three weeks, thanks.

Marduke

Adjudicator

07-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchen View Post
Please save your sarcasm when the game breaks horribly for you for three weeks, thanks.
It's still beta. I know I'd be frustrated too, but underhanded comments like "PLEASE don't release unfinished international versions of the PVP.net client unless you got the basic stuff running." aren't really necessary either.

Luchen

07-19-2009

Quote:
It's still beta. I know I'd be frustrated too, but underhanded comments like "PLEASE don't release unfinished international versions of the PVP.net client unless you got the basic stuff running." aren't really necessary either.
Really? doesn't seem necessary with 4 weeks of broken localizated builds? This is not me telling them what to do, this is me asking for help.
You know they playtest every build before it comes out right? And for them to miss something like this, and then having it happen 4 weeks with the latest being unplayable, and not getting any kind of notice for it is really what bugged me.
It's obvious they didn't release this on purpose, this is something that just slipped trough. But if it's going to happen every week they try it, what's the point of it.

Luchen

07-25-2009

And another week of this. Please don't make it change automaticlly to something that doesn't work.

bahdom

07-27-2009

I can help translating to spanish if you need someone to. PM me if you do.