Ezreal Ad or AP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaz3king

03-19-2010

Ive already seen many posts about this but no one has decided. I know he just came out,but still it dosent take long to learn a character.I am about to buy him and I want to know what is truly better ap or ad. My opinion is ap cause of fast cd and 3 out of 4 spells are magic. I personally think he is to squishy to go ad.
Plz back your answer with good reason, and some details would be nice. Ty

waxxdd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

I think he is too squishy for AD as well. If you go AP and level your Essence Flux first, you are better for the team. Ezreal has good AP scaling ratios and I think you waste them by going AD. If your team knows how to play, I don't think you will lose a team battle with the AP route.

All Ez is good for, is his heal and his ultimate. Both will change the outcome of a team fight. I put a guide up and think you should try it and see if it works for you. That's the only way you can decide, by trying both and seeing what works best.

ChaosGopherSucks

03-19-2010

let's keep the discussion to one thread? No one is really gonna give you a straight decision on this threat either.

Personally I prefer AD, because Mystic Shot is just way too powerful and spammable to ignore, as well as creating faster AS (also AD oriented) as well as mana efficient. In addition, farming becomes easier as it's easier to both last hit and harass with Q. AP is too slow to build up, requires too much farming, and generally gets gimped early game. R is the only skill that AP really buffs, as W doesn't shine until really late game and E is way too unreliable.

As for AD being squishy, imo AD/AP doesn't really matter. If Ezreal can escape, then he'll escape, if he's focused in a gank or teamfight, going AP isn't enough to usually save him.

I don't think it matters that 3 of his skills have good AP Scaling ratios, because honestly out of those 3, the only one I find is more powerful than Mystic Shot is his ult and the recharge is way too long. E is unreliable while W cost more mana, more recharge, and while it is more useful, a spam of Q will work just as well if it kills ur target.

I disagree Ezreal is only useful for heal + ult. His heal isn't viable till late game with enough AP (which with ur crappy early game its hard to get to ), but his ult is quite good.

However, with Q spamming, early game harassment becomes a breeze due to its range, and its damage REALLY stacks up with enough AD (400-500 dmg, spammable, +AS) and is just way too good to pass up.

I generally do better with AD, as ever since I began to follow and carefully tweak Phreak's recommended build, I have done loads better than with my previous AP build.

waxxdd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunster View Post
R is the only skill that AP really buffs, as W doesn't shine until really late game.
I disagree. His W is great for mid game team battles. It might only heal/damage for 400+, whereas endgame when its above 600, but that could be the difference between a death and a kill. I've saved a lot of people with it.

Going from AP to AD totally changes his play style. With the AP route, he is more of a team healer/buffer and his ultimate, letting his friends clean up. And as AD he is more of a long range harass and finisher, with still a great ultimate. I think the play style of AP suits me more and I see more wins that way. I like staying in the back with my strong heals and ulti.

You're totally right with his squishiness, if he is cc/focused it's over for him, no matter which build you pick.

By the amount of threads on this topic, I can tell a lot of people haven't decided.