I need to improve, but i dont know how.... >_>

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xenotime Gaze

03-19-2010

Hello all, first thread.... :]
anyways down to business. Ive been playing for around 2-3 months, and am seriously stumped when it comes to a particular character, Kassadin. Now before you ask, yes i've looked at multiple guides, on the forums, yes i know hes a carry and not good at the beginning, and yes i know he's a hard character to learn. i didnt expect to excel at him immediately. it took me a discouraging 10 losses before i began to win. since then the winnings have been somewhat randomized. I could be excelling in one game and severely hampered in the next. part of this is due to my early deaths in some, but i became really discouraged when playign with friends only to hear a slew of protests at my gameplay with kassadin.
As a result, i am at the point where any assistance would be greatly appreciated. i feel that despite knowing the strategies of how to play him (be wary in the beginning, chase the weakest opponent, focus on MP, HP and AP when choosing items, max force wave first, riftwalk to build charges, etc) im not making any progress. is there something im missing? which guide is the most viable now that Maja's Soulstealer no longer provides the initial MP that it used to and i cant kill enough for it to be effective? >_>
i look forward to any help you all can offer. -_-""'' im desperate at this point.

Venzael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

03-19-2010

Sounds like it's just your overall gameplay that needs improving. I'm not completely sure what you're having trouble with, but you're getting complaints it probably means you're either dying a fair bit or running away too easily.
it's important to know the abilities of your character, and I don't mean skills. Whether you could successfully towerdive in this instant, whether you could gank this enemy and so on.

Really the easiest way to learn this is trial and failure. If you fail, ask your self why? Did they have flash? Did you run out of mana?
If you died, ask yourself why you died? Was it a poor riftwalk? A gank that you should have seen coming? Map awareness is key here, make your eyes flicker to the minimap every now and then.

Another key is understanding your item build and why it works. Rod of Ages because Kassadin is mana hungry, fragile and works well AP, obviously. But what about say Rylais? Sure, force pulse slows but maybe null sphere and riftwalk could do a slow.

Not sure if this helped, but I hope it did in some form xP

Xenotime Gaze

03-19-2010

thanks. that does make sense in one way, but i just hate how my pals keep saying i suck as kassadin. When i try and hold back to attack the minions when there are enemies they say im doing nothing. when i dont port into battles that i feel im gonna die in they say the same thing.
when i try and help by damaging the enemy and stuff even when i don't have much AP, they say i suck.
Comparing this to janna, where if i make the same mistake its not a biggie, its as if they expect something out of kassadin which i cannot understand yet... >_>

will825x

03-19-2010

I don't play kass that much, but if youre just hitting minions and theyre complaining, maybe they just want you to harass more. When I play kass I harass constantly. null sphere whenever up if they dont use many spells and force wave every time its up to keep them low.
HP runes - 32 hp quints and the hp/lvl yellows - are a big help early game to not be too squishy and once you get rod you should be able to rift in force/null/attack a few times and rift out or kill, you make great bait because ppl will try to focus you but you can rift out and live while your friends take them out.

Try to get summoner spells that help your playstyle, TP and ghost are probably not good choices. I take flash sometimes so that if i get silenced or rift is down and ppl come in out of nowere (TF anyone) i can flash out and then rift away. I also like heal and ignite. Ignite can be a big help as your sustained dps is low and this will up your burst and make more kills and fewer almost kills.

Learn to tower dive effectively and to aim your riftwalks to do dmg. When I started Kass I missed out on plenty of kills bc i didnt understand how much dmg i would take by quickly rifting in hitting with null/force/ignite and then rift or flash out. Try it in bot games or get friends to let you practice on them.

All in all though, Kass really isnt that good unless he gets fed (but who isn't good then?) High Elo you wont see him much, but he is a lot of fun to play I think.

Venzael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

03-19-2010

I haven't played Kass for aeons, but something you may want to try out is maxing Null Sphere first. The damage is very good, the silence is priceless and it's very useful for harassing. I usually max Null Sphere before Force Pulse because it relies on casts, so you can't always cast it when you want to.

Xenotime Gaze

03-19-2010

ok well i did another battle keeping that in mind and i did a little better, especially early on when they were trying to harass. with any luck i can improve on him enough to make a difference.
@ Venzael thanks for the tip, i'll try it next battle.

KhaoticImp

03-19-2010

Just as important as knowing your skills is knowing the abilities of your opponents. First know what the other teams champions are capable of. Watch for synergy in your lane, both with your partner and the other teams. If you see an Annie with a Sion be prepared for back to back stuns and avoid getting ganked. Watch for when your team calls MIA's.

Marid King

03-19-2010

Are you using an unchanging or very rigid item build? That would explain your erratic win/lose streak. Your build should be different every time, taking into account enemy damage type and degree, how and in what what the enemies are squishy, who the dominant players are, what role you need to fill, and how good/bad you and they are doing. Also you may want to try changing your summoner skills to balance out your team. It helped me. Another thing may be that you are not hitting enough minions. Any enemy can be low on health, mana, and may run away from you whenever you approach, but if he gets more gold, when he comes back from the shop he can still whoop you. Hope this helps, gL

Mesa H

03-20-2010

Just get Mercury's Treads all the time, Rylai's is good.

SILENCE PRIORITY IS *IMPORTANT*

silence *only* CASTER CARRIES or SKILL DEPENDANT CHAMPS <<<< most common problem i see in Kass, why, why do they always silence auto attacking carries?