Teemo Remake - Change him from pure rdps to support/utility/debuffer?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arai Kitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2010

Not to mention dagger may well be the worst starting item in the game. On teemo, the champion with the highest base attack speed, it still give only one extra attack after ten attacks in a row. Early game, you will never hold someone down for ten attacks in a row, even a bot will move away.

Oh, and Wit's end is a semi decent item, but not on a crit build. Berzerker Greaves offer zero survivability, so you're very squishy, blinding dart does more damage early on than toxic shot, it's really not worth boosting it very high early on. Blinding dart doesn't just scale with damage, it scales it's blind, you'll be useless for the one thing that teemo is good for.

There's also the fact that, as I said before, auto-attacking promotes bad gameplay skills. Granted, doesn't take a lot of skill to play Ryze, or Annie, to an extent Fiddle, three especially potent casters. But even so, no moving at all in order to deal as much dps as possible doe snot work well when you're squishy as hell, when you are designed for hit and run, etc. our mushrooms will also hit for like nothing at all, you won't have mana to keep planting them, blinding, and keeping move quick up.

Oh, and your dps will bad, because Teemo has no steroid passives or skills in order to multiply his DPS. This means, that on paper, aside from a very small attack speed difference, any caster will have similar dps levels. Many casters also start out with better base damage, and better skills in order to help you get fed int he first place, as well as better farming capability, making them better suited to a carry role than teemo is. But I find it highly doubtful you will even take a moment to realize that.

To all of those saying Teemo is fine, no, he is not. To be honest, he is underpowered as a character. His AP build is barely viable, his dps build is only as viable as anyone else's, regardless of who they are(incidentally, dps Janna is better than DPS Teemo in every way), his "map control" is rather poor, especially due to his ultimate being countered by stealth detection, with it paying off the stealth detection costs as well.

His only strong point is his blinding dart, which singlehandely places him under anti-carry in everyone's minds. He is worse than Kayle, Kayle is a shield bot, Teemo is a blind bot, but at least Kayle has better potntial dps due to steroid skills and splash, has a heal to aid allies, a reliable slow and nuke, and a passive,t hat while mostly useless, actually can help occasionally. Kayle isn't exactly a complete champion herself, but compared to Teemo...

His move quick is nice for speed and all, and I like the idea, but keep in mind, creeps can, and often do turn it off. It also takes mana to ecast, and often doesn't save him simply becaus the lightest nick brings him down to normal speed, a slow doubly hurts him.

His toxic shot deals mediocre damage, but it isn't all that high, overall. Many people seem to think it's the ****, as if it ticks for 200 per second or something on DPS Teemo. The fact is, it deals low damage per second for five seconds, only 8 at level 1, 35 at level 5, with a 0.15 ratio, this means that you gain 75% of your AP added to the damage over 5 seconds. This makes it a weaker than average nuke that takes time.

His passive takes four seconds to use, does not allow him to move, and is a stationary skill ona mobility based champion. It really makes little sense in terms of gameplay on him. It would be effective on another champion in the future, but really, as everyone has been suggesting, just move Move Quick here.

I want to see Teemo become pureAP for a reason, to prevent every noob ever from playing him, thinking they're the **** because most players are bad enough that it isn't a enalty to use Teemo. I mean, great, his harassment is good. But know what? Zilean's is better, and ocntributes a lot more to a team. I'd go so far as to say Muno contribute smore than Teemo overall, and I've seen ow much love people have for Mundo.

Now, Jayceja, the recent patch supposedly split all move debuffs from other forms, so his mushrooms should be affected.

I still stand by what I said, allow stealth to detect mushrooms, allow them to remain revealed after detection, but do not allow them to be destroyed. I want it to feel like an ultimate, notan inconsequential skill that people farm for money, that I have to spend time and occasionally risk myself to lay out, that has a limit of 10/15(can't remember), and only lasts 10 minutes. The vision they provide is so poor that odds are, fi you see someone, it's because they stepped on it. This can occasionally prove useful, but really? Pick Clairvoyance, and ther eyou go, more reliable map control than Teemo can provide most of the time.

What is frustrating, is that over half the player base is ******ed, probably self absorbed, thinking they're the best player int he game, unaware of the actual game going on around them. Everyone wants to be a carry.

Umibozu

03-20-2010

Your toxic shot change was in my opinion a bit lame. You changed it from a passive to a passive that can be activated to become a better passive.

Scout's Bounty is useful an all, but gold-increasing abilities are usually used to farm, and it doesn't have any damage and a cooldown/mana cost that is too high for farming.

The Move Quick is change is good.

While these changes are good for viability, it doesn't do much for the fun factor. But maybe that's just me, I don't think he's all that fun of a champion.

Arai Kitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2010

A cone spray toxic shot would be more fitting, I think, as an active. Or perhaps a slightly different poison, such as one that I suggested on the test realm. The idea, is that it it applies a debuff, moving during this debuff causes it to create stacks for each second during that time that the enemy champion moves. At the end, they go into toxic shock, taking a percentage of their max health in damage for each second moved. Duration of five seconds, damage dealt is 2/2.5/3/3.5/4% of their max health for each second. This means at maximum it will deal 10/12.5/15/17.5/20% of their max health in one spike after five second sif they moved for the full duration.

This acts as a reason to avoid running either after him, or away, without being absolutely devestating, as it's damage is similar to Warwick's Q if they run the full duration. It also acts as a decent move to finish fleeing enemies, to to discourage enemies form chasing you or an ally.

Now, for Scout's Bounty, I'd change the idea a bit, removing the gold component, and thus probably changing the name, I don't think it honestly needs anything as a replacement, it's a solid skill.

JayceJa

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkaiKaze View Post
Now, Jayceja, the recent patch supposedly split all move debuffs from other forms, so his mushrooms should be affected.
really? i knew it was done for exhaust and lizard buff in the patch before, but didnt know it was done for others, if thats true then thats a big step to teemo being playable on an AP build