Teemo Remake - Change him from pure rdps to support/utility/debuffer?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

neolithe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2010

Ok, like I said in my previous post, not all champions can utilize their passives all the time. I'm not going to go into detail on how to play Teemo. What I meant by going and hunting people down though is when you spot a player moving alone, you can find them and surprise them. You can even plan a ambush with your team or spot potential ambushes.

If they aren't alone when they are killing your mushrooms, you can do two things. Take a friend(s) or plant your mushrooms in better places like bushes where they have to go into them to see them. By the way, he can plant 15 I think.

Teemo is and can be support and/or dps. He has a role but you refuse to see it and you aren't getting my point which is, not everything is going to be like you imagine it to be.

Nidalee's Bushwhack compliments the rest of her skill set, Teemo's skill set is fine as is. And just because one champ can do something doesn't mean another should be able to.

Just because you don't have burst damage doesn't mean you can't hit and run to harass. Even in high elo people still try to stay in lane just get xp and some last hits. I abuse that all the time when I play kassadin so don't say that it doesn't happen.

Zeta

03-20-2010

Quote:
Just because you don't have burst damage doesn't mean you can't hit and run to harass.
Nidalee, Ezreal, Katarina, Singed, Kassadin, and Shaco are all meant to be hit and run harassers, they just fill that role much better than Teemo.

The role you're saying he's built for, he fails in pretty hard, and is outdone by many other characters.

Zaximus

03-20-2010

I love the idea of a teemo rebuild because i hate how he is a sit and wait champion more than anything. people have to activly move into your moves for 2 of them to be effective(passive and mushrooms). this is how i would remake him if anyone cares.

Passive: move quick(5 seconds out of combat recharge)

Q: Heavy dart: exactly like blinding dart without the blind

W:Apply Poison: Applies a blind or silence(toggles between the 2) and reduces all cooldowns by 1 second.
6 seconds cooldown

E:Toxic shot: exactly the same but with the added every attack adds to the total time of the poison by 1 second (if it take you 3 seconds to fire 5 shots it would be 5+4(first shot applies second adds a second)-3=6 seconds)

R:Noxious Shroom: the same as it was before but with the ability to plant it on an enemy(similar to zilians bombs) same range and everything.

i think that would give him a role of anti anything without making him way to strong because any competent mage will nuke teemo to non-existance the second he goes for their teams dps. this would also vastly increase his ap output since the innate poison would be timestacking and his shrooms could be placed on people so they dont have the chance to juke or destroy them.

just my 2 cents

neolithe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2010

He is similar to heim and hiem does well. He is a sit and wait champ and some people like it, if you don't, don't play him. I guess it just bothers me how people say rework when they really mean buff. Buffs because of reworks should be either balance resolutions, coincidence or a mistake.

Teemo does an excellent job at hit and running and he does way better than Singed, Ezreal or Kat. Your escape capability because of move swift is great and allows you decent map control. You can harass from a distance and get away without taking a single hit. Singed and Kat have a good chance of being hit during their hit and run. All Ezreal has going for him is his flash ability and long range skill shot that can make it difficult to really do a successful hit and run due to hitting other targets.

Zeta

03-20-2010

Heim has just been remade so he's not a sit and wait Champion.

Shaco is being remade so sit and wait is not viable on him.

Sit and wait strategy is not a good one in LoL.

Quote:
Teemo does an excellent job at hit and running and he does way better than Singed, Ezreal or Kat.
Look man, you're obviously at a fairly low ELO if you think Ezreal is better than those 3.
Quote:
Your escape capability because of move swift is great and allows you decent map control.
It's taking up an active slot and contributes nothing to teamfights.

Quote:
You can harass from a distance and get away without taking a single hit.
And watch your team die as you cowardly retreat.

Quote:
Singed and Kat have a good chance of being hit during their hit and run.
Singed can just soak up the damage, and Kat does massive AoE damage + healing debuff.

Quote:
All Ezreal has going for him is his flash ability and long range skill shot that can make it difficult to really do a successful hit and run due to hitting other targets.
Ezreal has a fantastic attack speed buff, a fairly powerful long range skillshot, and a great/chasing escape mechanic he can use even if he's being attacked.

You're just not seeing 5vs5 fights dominated by Annie, Anivia, Alistar, Sivir, and Fiddlesticks if you think Teemo is good.

Also, Tryndamere is your 3rd most played Champion, which probably explains why you think Teemo is so good.

neolithe

03-20-2010

What you don't seem to understand is that similar to kass, you aren't meant to be in the middle of a big fight. You refuse it and I guess you misread what I said about the 3 champions. I didn't say ezreal was better than anything? I said teemo is better than Ezreal at hit and running. Trying to insult me by claiming I have a low elo and that I used to play tryndamere, when the last time I played tryn was ... 3+ weeks ago? I've been playing with mundo, taric, and kass. I realize these aren't top tier champs but they are fun and effective.

I'm not trying to get these champs reworked because they aren't the way I imagine or want them to be. If I play a champ and I like it, I'll play it and if not then I won't. I bought ezreal and I'm not a big fan of him but that isn't reason to beg for a rework/buff.

I am not going to deny that the champs you've listed bring a lot to team fights but teemo brings a bit also. Obviously running into their team trying to plant mushrooms is going to get you gibbed. If you don't like what teemo brings to team fights then try another champ or there may be the possibility that he might not be good for high elo? In which case, he can get in line behind the other champs.

Trying to attack me personally isn't going to help your cause or make me change my mind.

JayceJa

03-20-2010

the problem with ap teemo is he only has 1 real nuke, so banshees rapes him, and he mercury treads kills his ultimate

teemo performs best i find as a physical dpser with high speed, madreds bloodrazer and magic penetration

however AP can work if they dont counter you, if you have a few real dpsers on your team for example, they cannot afford to stack MR or they will get raped

he needs to be reverted to his ap ratios of 1 and .8, mercury treads shouldnt effect his damage from his mushrooms, toxic shot needs an active target component so he can get a blind past banshees, and move quick needs to be a passive/toggle where he gets attack speed for example when its not active, and toggling manually between them has no cooldown

camouflage needs to be changed, even trailblazer back would be nice

blackv3ngenc

03-20-2010

Teemo does not need a remake he is perfect already. If you dont like him its not because u dont play him right.

I use him as a ranges DPS with high crit. usually im hitting about 400-700 with his crit attacks since theyre all crits.
My builts goes as follows

dagger-health pot
boots
Berserker's Greaves
Zeal
Infinity Edge
Infinity Edge
Phantom dagger
Wits End

also assuming u have mostly all attack speed runes your attack speed is going to be about 1.6

These are the order for the skills i use

toxic shot
move quick
blinding dart
Max out Toxic Shot
Max out Move Quick
and finally Max out Blinding Dart

try that build out then come back and tell me if teemo still needs a remake

Zeta

03-20-2010

Two Infinity Edges are moronic. Learn to play.

Alpengeist

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Two Infinity Edges are moronic. Learn to play.
^this