Nerf twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vidofnir

03-19-2010

Twitch is hilariously easy to counter, especially late-game when everybody has all their dps and tank items. Sure, Spray and Pray does a lot of damage, but Twitch has without a doubt the worst survivability in the game. He's the squishiest Champion there is, and lately the only way I've seen one get off some real damage with his ult is if he gets bubbled by Kayle. You just need to switch to him immediately when he pops out, and bam, he's more than likely going to die in less than five seconds.

Zeta

03-20-2010

That's the thing. Lategame Twitch is basically doing the same damage as any other carry but with 1/3rd of the survivability. He pops out to gank you, you stun him and he dies. He dies especially quick to attack speed Pantheon and also attack damage Ezreal.

blackjackz

03-20-2010

I just started playing twitch a few days, I dont think it is especially op. It is just about the same as other range dps, ashe, sivir, tri, temmo, nida. They all can kill alot and sometimes team kill.

I would say the best counter I see so far is annie or ryze. I got killed by a annie in 2 sec, ryze pretty much the same, stun is the killer to range dps, but you have to kill fast after stunning, coz most of them has life steal.

throne armor, frozen heart, Warden's Mail are all good counter to range dps

Arai Kitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackz View Post
I just started playing twitch a few days, I dont think it is especially op. It is just about the same as other range dps, ashe, sivir, tri, temmo, nida. They all can kill alot and sometimes team kill.

I would say the best counter I see so far is annie or ryze. I got killed by a annie in 2 sec, ryze pretty much the same, stun is the killer to range dps, but you have to kill fast after stunning, coz most of them has life steal.

throne armor, frozen heart, Warden's Mail are all good counter to range dps

You misunderstand. First off, Teemo doe snot have good dps.

With that out of the way, It's Twitch's splash damage that is the problem, alongside the high base attack speed through his stealth and his ultimate, meaning he doesn't need many attack speed items, allowing for more survavability, and damage. The best item for Twitch is Madred's Bloodrazor, because it deals 4% of the max health of each target you hit, and furthermore, I've heard that this bonus damage actually splashes. Tiamat is anothe ritem that interacts oddly fromw hat I've heard, something like it splashes the splash or something.

It isn't his single target DPS. It in't his stealth. It's his spray and pray.

Nuwonga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-20-2010

Like blackjackz said, just use Thornmail. The higher his DPS the better, it just means he's killing himself quicker. Like pretty much everyone else has said, as soon as you see he's using Spray and Pray, you can just stun him, attack a couple times and boom, dead rat.

I fight Twitch constantly, and while I used to consider him OP, I've gotten used to fighting him and now he's just a minor annoyance. In fact, depending on my character, I'm sometimes GLAD to fight him. High dps characaters like Ezrael, or bulky ones like Rammus take him down with no problem.

Arai Kitsune

03-20-2010

Only problem with thornmail, is that in order for it to be effective, you'll need it on more than one team member. Keep in mind, a decent Twitch usually has lifesteal which counteracts thornmail damage, since he'll be lifestealing off of all targets and only be taking damage from one, from his own damage, at least.

Focus fire may be the way to go, yes, but the problem is positioning, and that fact that he does have a team too. If it were only Twitch, no problem. Lately I've found it particularily irritating, been seeing a lot of teams with Twitch and Ryze, and they're often paired with Amumu or Kayle. With both Twitch and Ryze ready to melt your team, if they have any support at all it can be difficult to CC themd own and focus them to death in time.

Sure, Rammus is awesome against Twitch, but, well, Rammus is pretty good against anyone that's physical. As I said earlier, I usually play Teemo, and I still have trouble with the *******.

It's the principle of the thing, no hero should have damage output that high. It's the same reason for why Katarina is broken, she will always do too much damage or too little on that ult of hers, except she has to get in close and can at most hit three targets, cannot hit structures with it, and it doesn't apply on hit effects. Think of Spray and Pray as a multi targetting ranged Highlander, because honestly, that's a good way to describe what it is.

Zeta

03-20-2010

Quote:
As I said earlier, I usually play Teemo, and I still have trouble with the *******.
Teemo is ridiculously underpowered. So that's not surprising.

Arai Kitsune

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Teemo is ridiculously underpowered. So that's not surprising.
True, my points was more towards my being able to disable him through blind, which is a commenly suggested solution. A stun is better in general, but blind lasts for four seconds, so...

FeLpZ

03-20-2010

Nerf pcm, i cant even count how many times they have killed me

Kriptini

03-20-2010

I play Evelynn. Every time there's a Twitch on the enemy team, my endgame kill/death ratio is 5:1. =)

Twitch plays on the extremes. He's really good at ganking, but at the same time, he's the absolute WORST at surviving ganks.

Now some of you noobs out there might say, "But how can we gank him if he's stealthed?"

Easy solution: Oracle's Elixir. Just one elixir will give all nearby allies sight of him when you detect him. A mid-ELO player once told me,

"don't be cheap, buy the items"

This holds true. When there is a Twitch, you're gonna have to change your playstyle. Do it right, and you will be lollerskating all over that rat's ass.