Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nerf twitch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nprevallet

03-19-2010

I'm seriously starting to hate Riot for making twitch free. That was your most dumb mistake I have ever seen. Numerous times I have asked myself what the ****ing point was of even playing anymore if I'm just going to get pissed. I was pretty go-lucky when he wasn't free, sure I'd get mad every now and then for seeing him fed, but now you see a twitch in every god **** game. It is just very very annoying. Now because of this, every little kid and their mother is going to save and break their backs just to buy twitch, now we're going to see him A LOT more. I suggest you debuff him.

I don't even have to give you details about why he needs to be nerfed. You guys aren't stupid.
Edit^: I'd like to think so.

Aircross

03-19-2010

Twitch needs to be nerfed because lesser skilled players don't know how to deal with him?

Zeta

03-19-2010

He's fine. He's annoying, but he's not godmode anymore. As long as your team buys 1 ward for each of your lanes and plays smart, then he's not that hard to counter.

Yes, he's a byatch that totally changes the way you have to play, but that's true of a lot of Champions. Namely Blitzcrank, Morgana, Evelynn, Twitch, Shaco, Nidalee, and Poppy. All really frustrating because they're different from the standard auto-attack creeps early laning hero, but all counterable if you know what you're doing.

nprevallet

03-19-2010

Quote:
Aircross:
Twitch needs to be nerfed because lesser skilled players don't know how to deal with him?

Ur cool, why don't you post something more logical? Is everyone the same in this community?

Edit: My guess is, you're one of those guys who plays him.

Aircross

03-19-2010

Quote:
nprevallet:
Ur cool, why don't you post something more logical? Is everyone the same in this community?

Edit: My guess is, you're one of those guys who plays him.

Lol, no I don't play Twitch. Taric and Kayle are my most played.

Why don't you tell me what trouble you're having with Twitch?

If your teammates are having trouble and feed him, well then it's their problem (which you unfortunately inherent.) It's happened to me too.

Find some good players who know how to handle Twitch and play in premades with them.

decilittle

Recruiter

03-19-2010

Easy ways to counter Twitch:
Exhaust.
Call mias, play more careful until his location is known again.
Buy oracles, not wards. Oracles are better in the long run, because they don't have a limited range and only disappear if you die. Whenever you have an oracle you try and not to die anyway.
Attack him while he's stealthed (if you have a ward, oracle, tower, etc), he'll almost always back off.
If it comes down to him ganking you, unload everything on him. Unless he stacks hp like ive seen a few do (actually played a game where he bought warmogs), he'll drop fairly easy.

Twitch is nothing compared to what he used to be, he's just annoying now. I actually look forward to laning against a Twitch from the beginning; I don't even consider him a threat.

Fidelity

03-19-2010

I agree Twitch is easy mid, but late game he's just a pain. Was just in a game with Nprev and Twitch was buying wards to counter his wards. The guy was level 14.

He's annoying and imbalanced skill-less character. The most annoying thing is,well, the Q puts me in with idiots who have NO IDEA how to Vs twitch. I usually play Ezreal and I am usually in the back of a team fight healing and just doing flat damage, so I never buy oracles. But then again, neither does my team. Lately, when I have been buying them, I'm dying to the over-fed twitch who doesn't even need to be fed in the first place to get kills. 1 Malady and his Ult is over 2 AT/s, which is stupid. Not even that, he will lifesteal back up!

Just stupid stupid stupid. Don't know why they don't fix him. it's at the point of "Pop out, get a kill on the lowbie noob, GTFO, come back and get more fed" IMO.

Fix him or Fix wards/oracles. Thanks.

Blydden

03-19-2010

Ughhh. I really am getting sick of this. I play a Jax (Yes yes, go ahead and boo me, I can hear it now...) and I have killed Twitch tons of times.

2 out of 4 of his skills are based on his deadly venom. But the deadly venom damage isn't very deadly. What is deadly about it are the skills that compliment. These skills can be countered by a spell shield, however.

His stealth seems to be what everyone is complaining about. Stealth is always an annoying thing. But stealth is in NO WAY full-proof. Ward up your lanes, or, even better, get an Oracle's Elixir. Makes his stealth worthless. Without his stealth, he is a big target, and his flaws begin coming out.

Remember: ANY champion can be OP with the right player and build.

If he is still giving you so much trouble...[Taken from the "Counter this Champion Guide"]
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=32828 (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=32828)

Quote:
Twitch:
Submitted by Echo7: Early game, attack him and have some armor/heal pots and you will be able to score some kills. Midgame, remember to strafe side to side at a moderate to far distance from him, his ultimate does not seek target, the projectiles are like skill shots, dodgeable with movement. Late game/anti back door, ward approaches to towers so he can't back door you without getting killed, ward approaches to likely team fight areas, this gives your team a teleport to point away from minions/towers and spots you twitch in transit/hiding for an ambush.

Sinslayer

03-19-2010

Listen guys,I agree with poster... Now you all give tips how to kill twitch and it seems like twiych is a BOSS like champion,who need exeptions and something very smart to be killed...If one team have twich,the game becomes unbalanced and I think most would agree,that champion is OP for 1x1,even for 2-3x1 ...

Arai Kitsune

03-19-2010

I have only one problem with Twtch, one that lack of skill does not control. Spray and Pray. In all ELO levels, it's rediculous, as it's effectively full splash on the enemy team. To those who say everyone needs to be cluped together or in a line, thus will probably be AoE CCed anyway, this need not be true. allow any decent initiator in, keep Twitch at the back, your team loses at least half o it's collective health, regardless of whether he's fed or not.

His stealth isn't even neccassary, I've seen players just use it for an AS boost, denying the poor enemies that buy stealth detection a fair bit of gold. I also play as Teemo, and so most of the time, I can blind the little ******* the instant he shows up.

The other problem, is when he gets some intervention from other champions. The famous Kayle plus Twitch, Morgana plus Twitch, those kinds of things.

ow, you should always carry several stuns ona team, but tell me this. When you see, say, a Twitch and a Nunu on the enemy team, and both ult ina teamfight, do you think you'll be able to CC both of them down in time? That's one example of a difficult situation that can easily create an ace. The fundamental difference between the two ultie, however, is that Nunu takes four seconds to go off, Twitch can often do the full damage or more from Nunu's ult in that time frame, and can slow just as much with his slow skill.

Now think abou it, an ult with damage and slowing capability comparable to Nunu's ult, without needing four seconds of channeling to deal the damage, that scales even better with items potentially than Nunu's, that takes only simple placement to do, and with any team support at all, can usually go off sucessfully. I've seen countless games decided by a fail twitch, one that didn't get fed at all ad was the laughing stock of the game, that would manage to get a successful spray and pray off, ace our team, and procceed to win.

Thee's also the fact that I've heard, though I cannot confirm, that blind doesn't fully stop his ult, due to the way the splash works or something, and that his ult also deals magic damage, so stacking armour alone does not help, not that it'd help if he bought a LW anyway.

The reason why Twitch, and arguably Sivir, are the best physical carries, is their massve splash. For Sivir, it's also because she's one of the best farmers in the game, it looks kinda like the new TF farms better than she does, amusingly. Bt splash at that level cannot be balanced, especially on such an easy champion to play. Ryze suffers from the same problem, except he farms almost as well as Sivir, and really, 10 creep kills is a champion kill, so he will get fed. But like them, massive splash destroys.