Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So about that MM... It doesn't exist

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azing

03-19-2010

Played a game with my friend. Being on a 5 loss streak I figure "Hey maybe this game will be different"

Sivir stands with 0/8/3 Ryze 1/6/4 Poppy at 4/1/6 (pretty much running around entire time and only getting sure kills)

Now we got obliterated of course. At champ select with a **** talking ashe on the other team (funny enough they were their teams worst player pretty much leaching the win) I noticed that one of the other team pointed out that those 3 allies were low lvls, 6, 8, 11 if I remember correctly against a team of all 30s and 1 lvl 16.

Now seriously... why does riot claim that there is MM? I know this is another QQ thread in a way but lets just go with the simple point.

MM Does not exist. Try to admit it does riot but the only thing I can see even functioning on MM is it probably bindly follows wins/losses simply using that if anything to judge leaving crappy people carried in games and letting good players just get ****ed over by it when they all fill their game.

I demand Riot simply admit the fact that their glorious MM system doesn't exist. If the game had a game lobby like Dota on WC3, I almost think I would be much more likely to get a good game more often then any LoL game.

Drop MM. Make a quick match system if you want but by far dont pretend to know what your doing. ELO you pretend you have only works when you have a team of players together consistantly that can actually be judged as a whole. Individually its not done so ELO rating by far is heavily flawed. You can't judge ELO on an individual based off a Team of random people. It just won't work.

Please... just for the love of god stop saying you have a MM system, toss it out, make a practice based game list and leave Queue and other garbage for ranked where you will actually be playing consistently with a team.

Saffire

03-19-2010

MM put you into a game, so clearly it does exist.

noskill5

03-19-2010

This post is a perfect retort. Enjoy.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=77542

Federici

Recruiter

03-19-2010

Sigh.

Level does not equal ranking.

Also, your comment "I was on a 5 game losing streak and figured the next would be different"
Did you expect matchmaking to throw you a bone, and give you an easy win? Or were you just being optimistic? Because a lose or win streak has no effect on your ranking (other than the wins or loses of course). Match making doesn't care if you lose 20 games in a row, it only cares that you lost 20 games and who you lost them to.

PrawnWonton

03-19-2010

Like it or not, your teammates are in the same ELO range as you. Regardless of how well/bad they may have played.

QQ