So about that MM... It doesn't exist

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azing

03-19-2010

Played a game with my friend. Being on a 5 loss streak I figure "Hey maybe this game will be different"

Sivir stands with 0/8/3 Ryze 1/6/4 Poppy at 4/1/6 (pretty much running around entire time and only getting sure kills)

Now we got obliterated of course. At champ select with a **** talking ashe on the other team (funny enough they were their teams worst player pretty much leaching the win) I noticed that one of the other team pointed out that those 3 allies were low lvls, 6, 8, 11 if I remember correctly against a team of all 30s and 1 lvl 16.

Now seriously... why does riot claim that there is MM? I know this is another QQ thread in a way but lets just go with the simple point.

MM Does not exist. Try to admit it does riot but the only thing I can see even functioning on MM is it probably bindly follows wins/losses simply using that if anything to judge leaving crappy people carried in games and letting good players just get ****ed over by it when they all fill their game.

I demand Riot simply admit the fact that their glorious MM system doesn't exist. If the game had a game lobby like Dota on WC3, I almost think I would be much more likely to get a good game more often then any LoL game.

Drop MM. Make a quick match system if you want but by far dont pretend to know what your doing. ELO you pretend you have only works when you have a team of players together consistantly that can actually be judged as a whole. Individually its not done so ELO rating by far is heavily flawed. You can't judge ELO on an individual based off a Team of random people. It just won't work.

Please... just for the love of god stop saying you have a MM system, toss it out, make a practice based game list and leave Queue and other garbage for ranked where you will actually be playing consistently with a team.

Saffire

03-19-2010

MM put you into a game, so clearly it does exist.

noskill5

03-19-2010

This post is a perfect retort. Enjoy.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=77542

Federici

03-19-2010

Sigh.

Level does not equal ranking.

Also, your comment "I was on a 5 game losing streak and figured the next would be different"
Did you expect matchmaking to throw you a bone, and give you an easy win? Or were you just being optimistic? Because a lose or win streak has no effect on your ranking (other than the wins or loses of course). Match making doesn't care if you lose 20 games in a row, it only cares that you lost 20 games and who you lost them to.

PrawnWonton

03-19-2010

Like it or not, your teammates are in the same ELO range as you. Regardless of how well/bad they may have played.

QQ