Here's an idea: level requirments to be in premade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tommy9834

03-19-2010

Ok let's be honest, if you solo queue and your teaming up with a premade, full of really low levels, there is almost no chance that your team is gonna win, so how about, if you want to start a game as in arranged team, there is a total level requirement.

By that I mean you add the total number of levels and it has to equal a certain amount. I suggest this instead of, you have to be a certain level to be in a premade because sometimes your friend might not be that high level but you still want to play with him.

personally I think this is fair to all because you know your chance of winning if 3/5 of your team is under level 10, your chances are pretty slim and it's not exactly fair for the other guys who know how to play to be in a team who's chances of winning are highly improbable.

However, it would also be unfair to the new players who want to team up with a friend but can't because they don't meet the level requirement, so instead, of denying them the chance, just force them t party up with a player who is competent, to give the other players on that team a fair shot at winning?

Of course the total level requirement would be so that it would be impossible for it to be a 4 man premade full of low levels, cause then it would be extremely unfair for the 5th guy. However, if its a 5 man premade full of low levels that in total, can't meet the total level requirement, then they could play, because then there won't be a 5th guy who get's shafted or anything.

As for what that total level requirement should be, I don't have an exact number, but perhaps it could be that it get higher and higher as there are more people in your party. (unless it reaches a 5 man, then you can play regardless of total level)

I honestly think this is the most fair for all, but if you guys disagree then tell me why. I'm not trying to be a D-bag and say **** the new guys in any way or anything, just trying to help the match making process so it's fairer for all.

Thoughts?

Edit: Ok let me just say one more thing. Before just responding, lets put all things into consideration. The chances are, that when you first start playing, you probably won't be playing in a lot, if any, premade teams. And if you do have a friend when you first start playing, the chances are that he has been playing for a decent amount of time to know the in's and out's of the game, unlike the fresh new guy. And remember, part of my suggestion was that the less people in that premade group lower the total level requirement, and it would be low enough that if this new level one guy wanted to team up with the friend who introduced this game, then because the total level requirement so low, he would still be able to.

If you guys still think this is a bad idea, then how about if your in a premade of 3 or 4 people, then there is a total level requirement, because if your part of a team that has a 2 man, low level premade, it's bad, but not as bad as being in a team that has a 3-4 man premade of low levels.

Sedon

03-19-2010

Hey guys I just heard about this game. Wanna go play it together? Nah dude we can't. They made it to where you can't group with your teammates until you play the game for a month. Awww that sucks...

Emergencia

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedon View Post
Hey guys I just heard about this game. Wanna go play it together? Nah dude we can't. They made it to where you can't group with your teammates until you play the game for a month. Awww that sucks...
This.

GuyOfDoom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

Quote:
Indirectly this is true. You basically have to smurf with your friends if they just got in the game or they will never have a chance to learn anything.

neosowmas

03-19-2010

There has to be something done to the arranged team thing, wayyy too often have me and my friends ended up playing against people that are twice our level. It's frustrating and annoying for all sides except from the enemy.

There is no reason why people should have to be uber at the game so they can play in arranged team because otherwise they get slaughtered.

I really don't know what Riot was thinking when they thought this to be a good idea but it certainly isn't.

Azing

03-19-2010

I'd wait 5 more minutes in queue in a partial premade to match Levels better then play with this crapfest that leaves so many 1 sided premades. If I play partial premades I'll usually get ****ed over. If I play a 5 man premade there is a large chance to win. The difference between a full premade and a partial premade for me is probably a good 40% gap. 30% roughly if playing partial premade (2 and 4 seem to produce the worst odds. I swear 2 man Its 3 idioits on the team, 4 man its a good feeder placed on the team against a 5 man premade) and with a full premade win % goes up to 70% or even more if I'm playing with good players (I usually play with less hardcore friends, but even then win wise its so much better).

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

I leveled premading.

IamGrimm

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagga View Post
I leveled premading.
Same, although only 2 manning.
me and my friend decided to start playing together.

Also, what Azing says is true. The single pub screws over the whole match, it happens so often :<

Puddledive

03-19-2010

I find it a little troubling that absolutely everyone gets grouped with horrible players. I mean it is almost like everyone thinks they are pro and that everyone else is to blame for their losses.

Level requirements for premades is a horrible idea. I'd sooner vote for an age requirement to play than a level one. But that falls short too, because half the dolts running around acting like 8 year olds taking their ball and going home are grown-ass people.

Arthas Menethil

03-19-2010

Quote:
TL;DR: OP's suggestion is impractical, downvote and move on

Nothing against your views OP, but what you are suggesting is not going to work.