Just came back from a 25 kill deficit to win

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zorlac

Recruiter

03-19-2010

How?

No one cried and moaned, no one raged. No one left, no DC's (on either team). We kept our composure, and started working better together. Plain and simple.

No, I'm not posting to brag, i'm posting to show that next time you're down a bit in a game, you shouldn't start flinging the random insults, or blaming your teammates, or even surrender or leave. you should keep trying, and keep pushing. There is ALWAYS a chance you can still win. And just for the record, there's not many wins that feel better then the ones that you just KNEW you were gonna lose because you were so far behind.

Azing

03-19-2010

But its my insults that inspire people to show me up and they start to do good so I'm not a 1 man pub star!

Oh yeah, most often it happens as the other team gets to cocky and then start becoming stupid, its a two way effect. One team picks it up and the other starts to faulter.

Zorlac

Recruiter

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azing View Post
But its my insults that inspire people to show me up and they start to do good so I'm not a 1 man pub star!

Oh yeah, most often it happens as the other team gets to cocky and then start becoming stupid, its a two way effect. One team picks it up and the other starts to faulter.

Seems like what happened yeah. They got pretty arrogant and started moving out alone getting picked off till we caught up.

Detha

Recruiter

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorlac View Post
How?

No one cried and moaned, no one raged. No one left, no DC's (on either team). We kept our composure, and started working better together. Plain and simple.

No, I'm not posting to brag, i'm posting to show that next time you're down a bit in a game, you shouldn't start flinging the random insults, or blaming your teammates, or even surrender or leave. you should keep trying, and keep pushing. There is ALWAYS a chance you can still win. And just for the record, there's not many wins that feel better then the ones that you just KNEW you were gonna lose because you were so far behind.
You're right, you shouldn't ever stop playing now, because of the ******edness of the new experience system you have never lost, no matter how far behind you are. Simply kill a few of their champions and you're on equal ground, then you can push and win in a few seconds. Just toss a few AoE ultimates down and kill 2 or 3 champions and you've made up the entire 25 - 100 (it really doesn't matter how much) kill deficit you had.

Zorlac

Recruiter

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detha View Post
You're right, you shouldn't ever stop playing now, because of the ******edness of the new experience system you have never lost, no matter how far behind you are. Simply kill a few of their champions and you're on equal ground, then you can push and win in a few seconds. Just toss a few AoE ultimates down and kill 2 or 3 champions and you've made up the entire 25 - 100 (it really doesn't matter how much) kill deficit you had.

Always gotta be someone who comes in to rage huh?

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

Good thing you made a thread about this.

Runix

03-19-2010

Quote:
How?

Well said. I've had several games now where we've been down a number of kills (one game we were down close to 20) only to come back.

The key is realizing that the game has a strategic aspect to it that is more than just getting in kills. If you can kill the entire enemy team at once, that counts for much more than killing them all individually but separately. Take opportunities when they are in the dead pool to push down towers and take out inhibitors; and fall back on your defenses when they are strong and you are weak. It's called strategy, something some players (see raging comment above) would do well to learn.

MEMEME670

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

Quote:
Always gotta be someone who comes in to rage huh?
Because of the new experience system, this is basically true.

Game focuses way too much on laning and not on hero kills.

haaaaaaaalp

03-19-2010

Quote:
In other words, your team was never actually behind and this was one of those games where the hero kill scoreboard didn't reveal what was actually going on in the game. Don't get where the comeback came from.

Zorlac

Recruiter

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMEME670 View Post
Because of the new experience system, this is basically true.

Game focuses way too much on laning and not on hero kills.

That's where you don't get it to begin with. the game isn't ABOUT hero kills. it's about pushing lanes, and taking down turrets.

Quote:
Good thing you made a thread about this.
I know! I'm glad you approve!