So, you guys have officially ****ed up the entire game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Detha

03-19-2010

Alright, so this new exp system is a ****ing joke. It's an abomination, and it should not have ever made it to the live client. Let me tell you why.

So, do you guys remember DotA? You know, the number one MobA ever? The game that started the genre? Do you know what made that game so much fun to so many people? The way it was balanced, and how skill could change the game.

Guess what League of Legends lacks? First of all, denying. This added a major skill component to laning, and League of Legends removed it. Too be honest, I agree with this, denying was stupid and I liked that it wasn't in this game, I thought it was good as you could focus more on the champions you were laning against. Regardless, it added a skill component to laning other than last hitting, which is made a load easier

Second of all, in DotA, when you got harrassed enough you had to go back and heal. Fair enough, you have to go back and heal as well, but it simply takes a load less time. You have a warp back, and the map is simply much smaller, meaning you lose a load less experience when you go back to heal early-game. This further deduces from the skill requirement of the game, as being bad and getting harrassed and not harrassing back enough will not leave you behind as much in levels.

Fair enough, so the game is easier than DotA, that's not really a crime. In fact, I used to like how this made the game a load more casual and laid back, though there were still a load of skill components that made the game challenging, but then you introduced the new experience system. And let me tell you, it is simply made of ******edness. I'm serious, if you gathered up all the people with Down Syndrome in the world, put them together in a Blendtec Blender, blend them up in a smoothie and somehow converted them to code, you would end up with this experience system.

Do you remember how I liked that, instead of focussing on minions (as last hitting is easier and there is no denying) you could focus on enemy champions? Well, what turns out to be the case is that you can pretty much ignore them as long as you rack up enough last hits. It's simply ******ed.

A death is just not worth anything anymore. In DotA, a single death meant the other team would get a load of gold and experience, and you would lose gold, and not gain experience or gold for a long time. So you had to be extremely careful about not dieing, as a few deaths could very well lose you the game.

In League of Legends, you would still give them a fair amount of gold and experience, though you wouldn't lose any gold yourself, but you would lose a bit of experience. Dieing a lot means you would fall back in experience by a fair amount, and would lose some gold from last hitting minions less. Fair enough, it's not as harsh, thus a lot less skill dependant, but it's fair.

Now, this new experience system, you have pretty much removed the experience factor from both sides. Retrieving the lost experience is simply too easy because high level champion kills grant you loads of levels, and the other champions will not gain jack-**** from killing you aside from a tiny bit of gold. This means that killing a champion is barely worth more than a single caster minion.

This fact alone makes ganking not viable, at all. Yes, you have completely ****ed up ganking early game. Guess what happens when people don't gank? Laning becomes even more ridiculously easy, as there is simply no danger while laning at all. Nobody will try to gank you, and if they do, they'll lose more experience than you will, and gain nothing in the process. You have simply taken away all the excitement from laning. Dieing early-game means nothing now, and trying to gank costs you more than it will ever give you. The entire "danger" aspect early game is removed.

Because high level champions grant so much experience, a single ace, or hell, killing two or three champions, can turn around an entire game in a heartbeat. Suddenly your entire team is 3 levels higher, and loads of gold richer, and you've pushed down the Nexus. Games aren't decided yet until the end.

A lot of people are thinking "Great, I hate having games actually ending before the game is over, this gives people the opportunity to come back." Well, simply put, those people are ******ed.

If they would implement a system like this in a FPS game, it would end up something like this:
Player A has 15 kills
Player B has 0 kills
When Player B kills a Player that has a higher number of kills than him, he instantly gains the same amount of kills Player A has, plus an extra one for the kill of the player. So, if in this scenario, Player B would kill Player A, he would gain 15+1=16 kills. Do you see how ******ed this is? You wouldn't have to focus early-game if you can get a good kill late game, as this could instantly let you win. It isn't good that the entire game can turn around later, it's terrible. The entire point of the early game is destroyed when it all boils down to a single Ace late game.

Dieing doesn't matter anymore, ganking is pointless, thus destroying champions like Shaco, Evelyn, Twitch and Kassadin, and promoting noobish play. Below is a picture of a game I recently played. As you can see, what really bothers me is there isn't any relation between levels and K/D ratios. Twisted Fate, with a 1/8/5 K/D, has a higher level than Blitzcrank, with 10/2/7. In fact, the only champion lower than Blitzcrank is Teemo, and this was only because he disconnected and only reconnected 10 minutes into the game. Needless to say, there is no point to getting kills anymore. Twisted Fate was actually constantly farming and not participating in team fights at all, this is why he has such a high level. He would actually simply push a lane while the other team was holding us back, then we would run at him and kill him, usually after he took half the life off of a turret. Even with him dieing so many times, he was still such a high level, and did not feed us at all. There is no risk to dieing anymore.

I'm not going to make a pointless threat about how I will "quit the game" if you don't revert the experience system. I won't, I still like this game and will continue to play it if games like these will remain rare. But you will have to ask yourself, should constantly suiciding in at towers be a viable tactic? Should people not worry about killing the other players in a PvP game, and only focus on killing minions and pushing towers, blatantly ignoring eachother in a PvP game? Now, I notice a lot of games are still "old school", were people focus on killing champions, and I like this, but when too many people start simply ignoring the large-scale fights and only focus on turrets the game will be ruined for me. Please, revert the experience system so people will be punished for being bad.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

03-19-2010

Requesting tl;dr version.

Liandras

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by It Was Tuesday View Post
From the 4 references to Dota My unofficial translation of that wall of text is...

Quote:
QQ HAI GAIS DOTA WUZ BETTAH...
but I could be wrong.

In before I get -1'd to oblivion...

Dohmaker

03-19-2010

I tried to read the wall of text, I really did. And then I read denying.

Azing

03-19-2010

You lost me when you mentioned Denying.

Denying = ******ed Aspect. After that I stopped reading knowing it was a stupid Dota rant. I dislike dota and Denying is a big part since its such an idiotic thing for a game to have.

Fallen 62

03-19-2010

umad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by It Was Tuesday View Post
he's mad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detha View Post
Second of all, in DotA, when you got harrassed enough you had to go back and heal. Fair enough, you have to go back and heal as well, but it simply takes a load less time. You have a warp back, and the map is simply much smaller, meaning you lose a load less experience when you go back to heal early-game. This further deduces from the skill requirement of the game, as being bad and getting harrassed and not harrassing back enough will not leave you behind as much in levels.
I'm ashamed to say it took me til there to stop reading...

Andl Slaps 405

03-19-2010

Keep reading, he says he's fine with no denying. TL;DR version would still be good idea, though.

OctopusDropkick

03-19-2010

I like the change to experience. It slightly decreases the snowball effect.

In fact we've had this for awhile now, you receive far more gold for killing someone who is just on an insane kill-streak. Another anti-snowball effect in the same concept of our experience system. Another shifting of power.

You're really overeacting.

Detha

03-19-2010

TL;DR version: Experience system ****ed up the entire skill aspect that was left in the game. Dieing early game is barely an issue, and ganking is only bad for your character level. The entire game can be decided in the last minute now, and kills barely have any relation to your champion level anymore. The experience system is ****ed up and should be reverted to its old state.

Also:

Quote:
You lost me when you mentioned Denying.

Denying = ******ed Aspect. After that I stopped reading knowing it was a stupid Dota rant. I dislike dota and Denying is a big part since its such an idiotic thing for a game to have.
If you would have read one more sentence you would've known I share this opinion with you, ******.

SheriffLobo

03-19-2010

humbly requesting slygoat and copybass to troll the **** out of this thread...

...also...sounds liek you like mudkiepz!