Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What I really want more than anything for this game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brozan

03-19-2010

Is a lite version of the store/home/summoner profile screen. I know we are in a world with octocore processors, but some of us are still running on ~5 year old machines. I run the game just fine. But, the part that comes up right after logging in is a BEAST on processing power. And, it just doesn't have to be. I mean, there really isn't anything there that couldn't be handled web-page side at a much lower processor tax.

So, even more than I want new maps/champions/skins/game modes, I would really prefer a lite version of the initial client. Or, just let us turn the graphics down like we can in game.

Sedon

03-19-2010

tbh dude. I don't know about others, but my comp is pretty solid, and pvp.net runs like **** on my comp. Some say it's because they went with adobe air. I just try to not let it bother me.

Brozan

03-19-2010

It doesn't really bother me that much. It's just the one thing about the game that DOES bother me. Seriously it cripples my PC. Fallout3 on medium settings doesn't each as much processing power.

Zonosaki

03-19-2010

Well it's slow overall. I have a Core i7 (octocore) with 6GB of RAM, and the PVP.net client does not run fast on my computer. As far as loading times I have to wait a few seconds, it's not instant. And there are times were it is buggy and I have to restart the whole client.

But you might be talking about overall lag, like it's slowing down your computer, that doesn't happen for me.

But yeah this is a good idea.