Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why are people complaining about Shen a lot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garthic

03-19-2010

I for one played Final Fantasy XI - a good game in my opinion, and I did so for about 3 years. Make of that what you will.

That game also had a "Ninja" class in it... This class could be played offensively or defensively based on equipment and skill-choice. (Had to buy spells etc.)

In short, you either played a DPS Ninja, or a Blink-Tank Ninja. (aka. take as few hits as possible, obviously making him have too little chance to be hit would be a tad OP, which is why I think it's good he has a skill which reduces the damage of the next attack instead.)

I personally don't see the big deal with a "Tank" Ninja coming into LoL. Sure it's not given all the preconceptions to (It seems...) what most of you believe to be a Ninja, but then... isn't that a good thing?

I personally look forward to seeing Shen in action, since in the right hands, he seems he could be a formidable foe (and ally).

Voidgolem

03-19-2010

Because he's not a backstabby smokebomb man with shruiken, like every other MOBA ninja. That's basically it, as far as I can tell.

Mr Scorpio

03-19-2010

Well you pretty much answered your own question. Most people who were hyped up about a ninja champion assumed he/she would be a stealthy damage dealer, not a 'tank'. I'd say the majority of these people won't bother with TR though and will stick to the assumption that it's going to be a fail champion.

Personally I was hoping this game would introduce a champion that would draw people to play a tank. I usually feel obligated to play the tank role -- it would be nice if more people stepped up to this position as well. Maybe this champion is in response to such a need.

Cybergoblin

Recruiter

03-19-2010

Lesse,
1) people like ninjas and pirates
2) people like classic ninjas
3) people dont like cleric ninjas, or paladin ninjas, or necromancer ninjas
4) people have waited a long time for a ninja in LoL - and to get a stupid tank/paladin ninja is just absurd

Novascourge

03-19-2010

Because his abilities are more in tune with a Paladin then a Ninja. Shen has more in common with Taric then he does with Shaco.

haaaaaaaalp

03-19-2010

Ninjas generally went around with light or no armor during an age when people had steel weapons. Does that sound tanky to you at all?

Zvardin

Recruiter

03-19-2010

The biggest reason: People like to complain.

Sprinkles169

Recruiter

03-19-2010

Isn't there going to be 3 ninjas anyways...?

I mean shen makes perfect sense to me. Ninjas can be very distracting.

TheWorstEver

03-19-2010

Because Shen is actually a Samurai who isn't rich enough to afford armor, and so decided to dress in black cloth so the other samurai don't make fun of him.

Ta daa.

Myth DEBUNKED!

cybrcld

03-19-2010

i'm just kind of bummed that he looks like a ninja but has the moves of a support character. but we'll just have to wait and see.