Evelynn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Miah

08-31-2009

only thing i really dont like is the fact that she's abilit dmg based and not something like crit/attack dmg based, but then again being ability based like she is kinda makes her unique as a stealth killer. it would be nice if there wasn't the dmg prevent steath from going off, instead maybe a fade time? cause if she gets the kill and needs to run out, i find myself to weak to survive the dmg long enough to get away for stealth to go off.

Denambren

08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miah View Post
only thing i really dont like is the fact that she's abilit dmg based and not something like crit/attack dmg based, but then again being ability based like she is kinda makes her unique as a stealth killer. it would be nice if there wasn't the dmg prevent steath from going off, instead maybe a fade time? cause if she gets the kill and needs to run out, i find myself to weak to survive the dmg long enough to get away for stealth to go off.
Flash and cleanse are great tools for Evelynn, but she also gets a big heal after killing a champion, takes 50% less damage from towers/minions, and her ult (guaranteed to have it after the kill) gives her a movement speed increase if needed to run out of a danger zone and either a) engage the closest champion threat and repeat the process or b) run from any superior threat (usually group) that's nuking you hardcore. I've rarely had to resort to using the ult for a retreat, but with cleanse it's almost a guaranteed escape from any size threat.

A lot of people like to toss around how easily they stamp out Evelynn players by investing gold in using an elixir. That would be true if stealth was the only way to ambush or flank an enemy champion, but as some people have already stated, you don't need to rely on stealth to ambush someone. Plenty of champions use ambush tactics and flanking as part of their strat without the stealth ability. Speaking from my own experience, I like to feel as though I'm contributing something to my team by playing Evelynn when people actually make elixir investments. It's a good thing to make the opposing team waste resources to counter something specific that you don't rely on.

Monnok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2009

About every third game I play, people pick Eve(or Twitch). And Ive noticed a pattern that she is very squishy and relies on invis too much. As a former Dota player, you learn to recognise dangerous situations like: why is the other guy Im laning against advancing for no apparent reason? or the individual who thinks its okay to push a lane at 1/3 hp. Easy to counter without elixers(ive never bought one) by using teamwork and intelligence.

I personally dont think she's more OP than any other hero that was fed, maybe less so since her abilities scale with AP instead of what you would normally expect from a melee hero. There are many more heroes that need attention over Eve. Maybe revisit Eve after they have been balanced first.

Mr Tibbers

08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximalBeast View Post
Well any decent player knows to buy Oracle's elixir or put up sight wards whenever Eve or Twitch are in the game, so what, you're going to feed off noobs the entire game? Where's the pride in that? She's a good pub stomper, but in the face of decent players she's only ok.
Just because a sight is up or an oracle has been popped doesn't make her defeated just yet. Sight ward or oracle, I always invis in anyways. Because of the stun. It's a huge mistake thinking that simply seeing her is beating her. I just pulled off a triple kill the other day without it, the whole team knew where I was.

MaximalBeast

08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tibbers View Post
Just because a sight is up or an oracle has been popped doesn't make her defeated just yet. Sight ward or oracle, I always invis in anyways. Because of the stun. It's a huge mistake thinking that simply seeing her is beating her. I just pulled off a triple kill the other day without it, the whole team knew where I was.
Not saying it makes her defeated, but just that she's not as godlike as the OP is trying to make her seem. Besides, this thread is kinda pointless at this point. Can't we just let it die please?

SighrisTheVirus

08-31-2009

eve is like SA. Great in pubs to stomp ****ty kids but vs competent players...meh just like any other hero