Evelynn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaximalBeast

08-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driath View Post
I inspect my targets for oracle's buff before engaging, but sometimes they have it when it doesn't show up.
Quote:
In fact, I don't even play eve, so I'm not really sure how you got that impression.
I think that speaks for itself.

Quote:
No, I specifically mean a trap. An example could be I come in pretending like I don't know you can see me, fake retreat to a corner where someone else is waiting. I guess all traps can be called a gank, sure; but all ganks are not traps... if that makes sense.
I wouldn't chase Eve unless she was weak while invis, I wait for her to come to me. If she's running away with full hp you might as well have a sign around your neck that says "ITS A TRAP!".

Driath

08-29-2009

I play twitch, same issues apply with oracles.

And who said I would have full hp, man you really need everything spelled out eh?

MaximalBeast

08-29-2009

Quote:
I play twitch, same issues apply with oracles.

And who said I would have full hp, man you really need everything spelled out eh?
Spelled out? I love spelling!! Here, I got one for you :

*******http://slapfish.com/failure/failure0320.jpg********

Back on topic, if you're running away with, about a fourth of your health lets say, I would pursue ONLY if I could stun you before you begin to runaway. If I can't keep up to finish the job I would back off knowing the inviser might well be trying to lead me to one of his teammates to turn the tables on me. If you had a sixth of your health left I would make sure you're going nowhere. Period.

If you only play as Twitch why are you posting in a thread about Eve? How can you give feedback about a hero you've rarely, if ever, used? Twitch is long range, Eve is melee. Both require a different approach.

Driath

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximalBeast View Post
Back on topic, if you're running away with, about a fourth of your health lets say
More assumptions, could go back and forth all night with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximalBeast View Post
If you only play as Twitch why are you posting in a thread about Eve? How can you give feedback about a hero you've rarely, if ever, used? Twitch is long range, Eve is melee. Both require a different approach.
I only chimed in regarding the oracle buff visibility. I also used the more generic term 'stealther' specifically because I don't play too much eve. nt

MaximalBeast

08-30-2009

Quote:
More assumptions, could go back and forth all night with that.

I only chimed in regarding the oracle buff visibility. I also used the more generic term 'stealther' specifically because I don't play too much eve. nt
We'll this thread is about Eve so it's only natural for me to assume you were referring to her as the stealther since......well, there's only two. Also, at least for me personally, I always go for elixir when there is an invis hero around so I don't I have to watch his/her movements around the clock for fear of being ganked. But anyway, yeah. We could go back and forth all night with this so lets just end this argument here as its pretty stupid in the first place :P.

Reapa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2009

The fun part about this is that usually people don't get those 2 sight thingies(too lazy to spell) before late game and by then they have fed me with their utter stupidity AND I PERSONALLY THANK THEM.

Also by then, my teammates get in the way with their usually 2-3 hp stack so ya....i come from behind as always

Evilpigeon

Adjudicator

08-30-2009

Meh, I've never really needed the wards or the potion to fend off twitch and evelyn, they are only overpowered if people feed them (Obviously if they do start to be fed then I make the investment) I do enjoy facing a nice twitch, they die nicely to a terrify and drain and always stay longer than they should thanks to a misplaced faith in expunge. Same goes for Evelyn most of the time. They either feed off of people too stupid to take the precaution of not laning on low health or die repeatedly to stuns. Stealth is distinctly underpowered against more experienced players.

Yes, I do play far too much as fiddlesticks but he's awesome.

Gimpb

08-30-2009

Honestly I don't think oracles elixirs are that big a deal. Stealth doesn't allow people to just disapear on a whim like Dota and stealth isn't the only way to sneak up on people. The elixir might get you one sighting you wouldn't otherwise have gotten but then they're going to catch on and check you. (or just kill you)

That's not to say it isn't worth using the elixir but it's not going to win the game for you; it's just a tiny little edge and it certainly doesn't make twitch and evelynn harmles.

Cereal

Adjudicator

08-30-2009

It's way more powerful than you state IF you have a competent team who knows to stick together and to work with and protect the oracle holder. Plus, currently Clairvoyance is the biggest issue, though that will be significantly changing this week.

Never Knows Best

08-30-2009

something i've noticed though is that she's actually really great if you can get her AS up by 100%ish and something else i've noticed, is that her ult is really a spam DPS move. Yeah it requires an enemy champ to die but if your pushin and they're dyin left and right its free dps w/ q spam.