[GUIDE] A guide to Solo'ing Mid, Who should do it and why...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SixShock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-20-2010

Kassadin also makes a great mid if not one of the best mids due to null sphere(his silence) out ranging many nukes.

IrishDoom

03-20-2010

Your guide far, far, far undervalues Sivir as a mid. This is especially true if you are smart and building Aura Sivir. Nobody can push a tower like Sivir, and while ganks and K/D/A are nice, while my opponent is busy trying to set up a gank, I'm busy taking down the first tower and moving to the second. Nothing disrupts a game like a Sivir who knows how to take full advantage of her ability to push.

This goes back to another thread I started earlier this week: this game is about pushing towers, NOT K/D/A. I rarely have superior numbers in that regard (at least not early) but I also rarely lose, especially if I have an opponent who uses your "get to 6 and gank" philosophy. You cannot leave Sivir alone in a lane!

ShawnSpencer

03-20-2010

Good idea for a guide, but as others have mentioned rather one dimensional. You should add a whole new section for nidalee, and sivr who have the fantastic ability to push down mid tower while the enemy solo tries to gank. I also think you skipped a few hero's that make fantastic use of reaching level 6 faster, namely TF who can almost instantly kill or double kill upon reaching lvl 6. As well as tristan who can take advantage of the lvl bonus and the "free farm" as well as being able to gank with her ulty if need be.

Edit: Also nausus is a really strong solo and can build up his SS very well and CS as well as sivr.

Blackstoise

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-20-2010

You also need to consider what happens if the heroes are placed in lane as well. For example, I almost never let a Sivir go side lanes. Why? because she pushes way too fast, and farms way too fast. Both of these are a good way to screw up her lane partner. Only time I consider putting her on a side lane is with Alistair or Taric, because with those two tanks, she can kill the side towers easily, and with relative safety.

In mid, she is a beast thanks to her spell shield. She can easily keep herself from getting harassed, and can use boomerang to harass them. Plus, she gets to farm all of the creeps, which means she can get her Starks + Ulti going as early as level 11-12, and start a five man team push.

Frödo Swaggins

03-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaosk View Post
I use Gragas as mid, and I am good, but i have HUGE problems with Karthus, who will harass the hell out of you with those ground explosions which cost absolutely no mana. Other problems are Nidalee and Sivir. These are my top 3 for mid.

I used to mid as Chogath and did well at that to. But sivir would destroy a Chogath, and so would a Heimer for that matter.
Cho is probably one of the better counters to Heimer mid, IMO. Heimer missiles can only do so much to him (usually not much). And 2 creep kills puts you back up to your old life total. Remember that you can also Feast turrets, which makes upgrade useless (feast the biggest turret) if he goes that route. But basically, with rupture/vorpal you rock the creep waves, and gain the life back that heimer can take from you.

RealFatChicken

03-20-2010

I think it's important to understand laning as a whole before you go into solo mid. I think the guide would benefit if you took into consideration some of the heroes in side lanes as well. For instance, while twitch can do well solo-mid against weaker opponents, he's amazing at harassing side lane and pushing the tower with his teammate. So, if you have twitch in game, he might do well at solo mid but has the opportunity to shut down two enemy heroes in a side lane and it's therefore more important to have him in a side lane. It's a matter of cost/benefit, the benefits of going mid don't outweigh the costs of losing his side lane advantage.

Maybe I'm thinking of a different guide all together though. I think it'd be fun to look at those heroes listed and think of good match-ups for teammates in side lanes.