[GUIDE] A guide to Solo'ing Mid, Who should do it and why...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omfglolo

03-19-2010

Quoted: "Remember the point of getting to lv 6 faster was to have an advantage, this advantage is lost if you just stay mid against an equal strength opponent."

this should be bold, huge font, and copy/pasted fifty times for all the mid twitch/ashes out there in PUGs.

and with fiddles @ lvl 6, crowstorm + flash from bushes to top or bot lane is almost a guaranteed kill if u keep track of which opponents have flash.

Shiny Kitty

03-19-2010

No kayle? Kayle is a beast solo mid if the person knows what they're doing.....seriously

NoyRave

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
Teemo is a weak mid because Teemo is a weak champ. In other words, there's little purpose for him to do so (beyond the fact that he's so weak that he has to

He has some decent ability to dodge ganks, but has little escape capability outside of summoner spells.

The only thing he counters in terms of harassment is noobs. Most competent players will trade off more HP per engagement than Teemo. Teemo wins when people attack through blind pointlessly, and when people trade off the exact same hits that he does (because his has a DoT attached).

Teemo's best solomid harass game is to force the opponent to trade off an even sequence repeatedly, where Teemo's blind + poison DoT will drain more HPs (and then Teemo can retreat and life steal HP back).

However, this strategy fails against anyone who is equipped / prepared to throw down and re-engage Teemo after his blind, balls-forward, and drop his HP into critical range. At that point, Teemo is unable to lifesteal his HP back and he has lost control of mid.

It also fails against anyone that can block his blind (cough Sivir) and anyone who can trade off nukes through his blind and autoattack (Annie). Basically any champ that can be aggressive while dodging or minimizing the blind will beat Teemo, or any champ that has durability that sustains them beyond the blind.
er? starting at level 1 harassing upto level 5 most of the other heroes spells dont really damage that much and i think only annie got that edge over him i fidn others dont because once you blind auto attack you can also auto attack between cooldown's while the other side dont or have to wait for CD, while you slowly take away their hp (depends if they got 5pots ._.) you dont go up against them 1on1 trying to kill them at mid, all teemo do is blind attack back off, if the opponent spell is on cd go on harass or kept them off experience level and do it again.

Khaosk

03-19-2010

I use Gragas as mid, and I am good, but i have HUGE problems with Karthus, who will harass the hell out of you with those ground explosions which cost absolutely no mana. Other problems are Nidalee and Sivir. These are my top 3 for mid.

I used to mid as Chogath and did well at that to. But sivir would destroy a Chogath, and so would a Heimer for that matter.

Xienwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

You ignore two other aspects of going mid: Push the inhibitor fast so that super creeps harm your opponents, and prevent the other champion from achieving their goals as mid. Ignoring those is why Sivir fell off the list.

spreadfred

03-19-2010

2 comments:
while not ideal, pirate can make a good solo mid. parley gives him at least a ranged spell, remove scurvy adds to his survivability, and his global ult is very helpful. just think he's at least worth mentioning.
sivir i view as more of a counter at solo mid than anything. if the enemy champ tries to leave solo mid at lvl 6, she should be able to take out the enemy turret pretty quickly.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

Twitch is a horrible mid.

Wildspeaker

03-19-2010

why everyone forgets about soraka? i got a pretty decent soloing experience w her, good pusher, can harrass pretty well , and can get real tanky if needed

Marid King

03-19-2010

Good basic guide, but you might want to take into account champion roles. For example, you suggested Pantheon as a viable mid. While he CAN mid, as a ganker Panth should ALWAYS have a partner to increase is killing potential. Likewise, carries that depend on getting gold, experience, and abilities leveled such as jax can win a game even if they don't gank at level 6 by midding. A last one, Cho'gath is primarily a support caster, and like pantheon shines most when he has help to take advantage of his silence and stun/slow. Otherwise good job

Keldeo

03-20-2010

Karthus is bomb mid. I don't see why no one has mentioned him. There has only been one person that was able to take me mid, and it was cougar chick(mid) and the animal spirit(Farmin creeps) together ganking. I couldn't predict their ganks. They both moved extremely fast.